Chapter 7 - Unsaid Truths.

The common room was a flurry of activity as everyone put the final touches on the preparations for Nanami's birthday party. Shoko was stringing up colorful streamers while Utahime arranged an assortment of party games. Haibara was in the kitchen, putting the finishing touches on a meticulously decorated cake. Mei Mei (who had been paid by Gojo to attend) assisted Utahime with the game arrangements.

Gojo and Geto found themselves helping with the final touches, their interactions hinting at a growing closeness. Gojo's usual teasing was less pronounced, replaced by a subtle bond that hadn't been there before. During the setup, Gojo noticed Geto struggling with a particularly stubborn decoration. "Need some help there, Suguru?" he asked, a playful grin on his face.

Geto chuckled and nodded, allowing Gojo to assist. As their hands brushed against each other, both felt a strange, electric connection that neither could quite understand. Gojo's mind raced, trying to decipher these strange feelings, while Geto appreciated the rare moments of genuine camaraderie they shared. As the night progressed and the festivities began, everyone gathered in a circle for a game of truth or dare.

They played a few rounds, everyone gave each other silly dares, and they were having fun until it was Shoko's turn again. Shoko, always one to stir the pot, eyed Gojo mischievously. "Alright, Gojo, truth or dare?" she asked, a smirk playing on her lips. The past few weeks, she had noticed the change of attitude Gojo had towards Geto and wondered if it was what she thought. Sensing trouble, Gojo hesitated before answering, "Dare." Without missing a beat, Shoko leaned in. "I dare you to kiss Geto."

A stunned silence filled the room. Gojo's heart pounded in his chest as he processed Shoko's words. "Why would you tell me to do that?" he blurted out, his voice sharper than intended. Shoko shrugged, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Just thought it would be fun." She spoke nonchalantly, not seeing the big deal of it. Gojo shook his head, refusing the dare. "No way," he muttered, feeling a mix of embarrassment and annoyance. Though he couldn't explain why, or what had washed over him exactly, Gojo felt upset by Shoko's dare.

Geto watched the scene unfold, his feelings a tangled mess. He could see the genuine discomfort on Gojo's face and decided to remain silent, not wanting to escalate the situation. The game continued awkwardly, but Gojo's mood had soured.

He withdrew from participating, his usual energy replaced by a cold distance. The others noticed but chose to let it slide, sensing the tension in the air. Later that night, after the festivities had wound down and everyone settled into their sleeping bags, Geto found himself unable to sleep and noticed that the silver-haired Gojo wasn't in his sleeping bag.

He wandered to the window of the large room, being guided by the bright moonlight that shone from the window. When he made it there, he gazed at the night sky for just a moment, until he heard leaves rustling gently. The sound came from below him, so naturally, he glanced down to see Gojo Satoru staring at the stars with a lollipop in his mouth.

He was a few centimeters away from being directly in front of the window, so Geto took it upon himself to climb out of the frame and join Gojo outside. He and Gojo made eye contact briefly when the silver-haired boy saw him, but he didn't speak.

"Hey, Satoru," Geto began cautiously, "why are you so upset with Shoko?" Gojo, sitting with his knees brought to his chin didn't look up to see Geto like usual. "I don't want to talk about it," he replied curtly. Geto sighed, respecting Gojo's boundaries but not wanting to leave things unresolved.

"Mind if I light a cigarette?" Geto asked, trying to ease the tension. "I don't care," Gojo muttered. As Geto lit his cigarette, the soft glow of the lighter briefly illuminated his face. He took a deep drag before speaking again.