Chapter 8 - Silent Observations.

A week after Nanami Kento's slumber party, Shoko Ieiri, Geto Suguru, and Gojo Satoru planned to hang out together outside of the school. "I'm bored of the same old scenes." Gojo had said the previous day, right after Shoko and Geto completed a mission together.

The trio oftentimes relaxed together out in the courtyard of their school, but that day they crashed in Geto's dorm. The only reason why was because it was raining outside that day.

When Geto agreed to Gojo's suggestion about spending time together outside of the campus, Shoko noticed something. Geto Suguru and Gojo Satoru used to fight, bicker, and argue all of the time for even the smallest reasons.

But right then, it almost seemed as if the two were best friends. Maybe even closer than best friends. She saw the two together almost all of the time as of late and wondered if she had missed something that happened between them.

During their conversation, Shoko couldn't help but notice how physically close Gojo and Geto were. Gojo was engrossed in playing Digimon on his DS, the soft sounds of the game punctuating the room.

Geto sat beside him, their shoulders almost touching as he watched the game unfold with genuine interest. Every now and then, Geto would lean in closer, his arm brushing against Gojo's as he pointed out something on the screen.

"You're going to lose that battle if you don't switch your Digimon, Satoru," Geto remarked, his voice low and amused. Gojo grinned, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"Watch and learn, Suguru. I've got this." The playful banter flowed easily between them, and Shoko could see how at ease they were in each other's presence.

Shoko questioned for a moment how they could be bored while sitting together like that, but just smiled to herself. She would be owed 1000 yen from Utahime later.

Utahime had insisted that there was no way Gojo and Geto could ever become close friends, but Shoko had seen the gradual change in their dynamic over the past few weeks. As the rain pattered against the windows, Shoko leaned back in her chair, observing her friends.

She saw the small smiles that tugged at the corners of their lips, the way their eyes lit up with unspoken understanding. It was a stark contrast to the hostility that used to define their interactions.

She watched as Geto pointed out another strategy in the game, his voice soft and encouraging. Gojo, usually so cocky and self-assured, actually listened and adjusted his approach. Looking at how they seemed so mutual in their friendship, Shoko noticed that Geto grounds Gojo. He keeps the arrogant boy in place, and around Geto, Gojo seems like a completely different person.

The level of trust and mutual respect between them was undeniable. Shoko's mind wandered back to the sleepover, to the moment when Shoko had dared Gojo to kiss Geto. She had sensed something then, a connection that went beyond friendship.

Now, seeing them together like this, she couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to their relationship than met the eye. She decided not to press the issue for now, content to watch their friendship evolve.

Maybe they would figure it out on their own, maybe not. But for the time being, Shoko was just happy to see them getting along. As the afternoon wore on and the rain continued to fall, the trio settled into a comfortable rhythm.

Gojo and Geto's banter filled the room, punctuated by Shoko's occasional chuckles. After some time, Gojo let Geto clear a level for him to prove that he was better. It was a peaceful, almost domestic scene, one that Shoko cherished the most out of all her memories. By the time evening approached, the rain had finally let up.

Shoko stretched and glanced at the clock. "I should get going," she said reluctantly. "Got an early lesson tomorrow." As she prepared to leave, Shoko noticed that Gojo had fallen asleep, his head resting comfortably on Geto's shoulder.