Chapter 4 - Pranked Memories.

Friday, June 30th, 2006.
Geto Suguru's POV

"I was sitting in the common areas of the dorms, flipping through a book but not really reading it. My main objective was just to stay indoors, due to the the intense summer heat. The last few days had been extemely stressful and tense, to say the very least. Gojou and I spoke here and there after his apology, but it was only because of Shoko Ieiri, his friend.

Though I decided to accept his terrible apology, things were still extremely awkward whenever we were in the same room together. Like now. Gojou laid in the sofa across from me, and I thought that for a moment he was asleep. The silence in the room was painfully loud, so I began contemplating heading back to my dorm. As soon as the thought occured to my mind though, Gojou sat up, left his sofa, and plopped right down beside me, with his usual smirk displayed on his face.

"We need to do something fun, it's way too boring in here." He declared, breaking the obvious silence in the room. That was the first time Gojou had ever smiled in my direction, though it seemed to be a mischievous one. "We should do a prank." He suggested, clearly up to no good. I got a strange feeling about Gojou's idea, however, I was bored out of my mind and thought that a little prank couldn't hurt anybody.

In the beginning I didn't want to talk to Gojou anymore nevertheless plan a prank with him, but the excited sparkle in his eyes convinced me that it wouldn't be so bad. It was something about Gojou's crystal eyes that lured me in. Not only was the eye color blue next to rare to have but Gojou's looked so majestic. When I saw them for the first time I was trapped; almost like I was stuck in an endless race to break free.

"On who? We can't just prank anybody." I said, and raised an eyebrow, closing my book to fully immerse in the conversation. Before Gojou could respond, Shoko, who I forgot was even in the room, joined in. "How about Yaga-sensei? He's always so serious." I turned to see Shoko typing on her cell phone, looking intrigued. The idea was simply stupid, but somehow I felt myself warming up to it. "Alright. What's the plan?" As soon as I agreed to Gojou and Shoko's shenanigans, a naughty smile formed on Gojo's face.

The common area soon became our "headquarters of mischief", as Gojou gladly called it. There were paper and markers spread out everywhere as we tossed around numerous ideas for our prank idea on Principal Yaga. Gojou insisted on something grandiose, but Shoko and I somehow managed to reel him in. We spent a lot of time going through and ruling out suggestions for our prank, until it came down to two.

It was my choice against Gojou's. He had suggested a fake talisman, while I thought of releasing one of the grade 4 curses I had in my stockpile. Gojou protested against my idea, because "it was too risky." Said the guy who started a fight with me in the middle of a huge mission! "That's risky to you?" I raised an eyebrow after Gojou had said that. I couldn't help but feel a bit concerned about how Gojou's mind seemed to work.

"Yeah! What if Yaga is unable to exorcize it?" Gojou snickered, leaving me to ponder if he was serious or not. Shoko and I exchanged worried glances before she spoke up. "Why don't you both rock paper scissors over it? They're both great ideas, so that could work." Shoko pushed her two fists together gently, indicating something that I didn't understand. I was all for a match of rock paper scissors, anything was better than fighting with Gojou again.

"That sounds like a good idea. What do you say, Gojou?" I turned to view his tan face as he pushed the sunglasses onto his face. Since meeting him for the first time, Gojou's appearance was something I always wondered about. I hadn't gotten the chance to ask around about it, and I dared not to ask Gojou himself. I felt as if he would snap on me or argue with me if I asked him, so I knew almost nothing about my classmate. Except that he was arrogant and had a high ego, his friend's words, not mine.