Swords and Sickles

3RD POV

'three. No. four, six?'

"How many feints was that!?" Uzui asked the kids.

"AH!? Those were fients??!!" Zenitsu says, his eyes still shut.

"I thought Y/N-san just disappeared!!." Tanjiro adds.

They were all yelling as it'd be hard to hear each other over all that crashing.

"Tch, you kids are flashily useless!!" Uzui said in annoyance as he turns around to this spectacle of a fight before him.

"They've been completely even this whole time, will Y/N-san not lose?" Zenitsu said.

"The same thing that happened with Rengoku-san will happen again once he starts losing energy!" Tanjiro says.

And for a while Uzui had the same thoughts.

'What is this? How? How could they move so fast?.' Uzui thought as his eyes could barely follow their afterimages.

'How'd Y/N leap from that positon?. When'd that demon get there? He parried it?? Wh- HOW?'

He'd given up on even being able to see them and just relies on their afterimages.

He's doing much better than Tanjiro and Zenitsu though as they can't even see anything but dust.

'Is this what that demon's been capable of the whole time? I'd have died if Y/N wasn't here.'  Uzui thought.

'He's a monster. I knew that but... not to this level. He's dueled Gyomei-san and Sanemi-san to draws multiple times, are they also capable of this same feat?."

Tonight had widened his eyes and expand his knowledge. Making him exposed to the sheer gap between him and other Hashiras.

'I should not hold the same title as these..., Demi-Gods. I'm going to retire,' he thought deeply before he was shaken back into the fight. Although, for some reason...

"Something's not right".

Call it years of experience, but he intuitively felt like something was off about their battle.

* * * * * *

Y/N and Gyutaro were exchanging flurries of slashes against one another. Incredibly fast the two kept parrying each other's blows with full concentration as any distraction spells the other's demise.

Every few seconds they'd exchange dozens of slashes, push backwards for about half a second and leap forward again.  They've been at this for the better part of ten minutes, with Gyutaro speaking to Y/N and the latter ignoring to attack the former.

However, this time, when they step back. Y/N, who's been poker faced the whole time, finally speaks. Well he cracked a smile first.

"Ain't it funny," Y/N says, his lips turned upward.

"Hmm? Prince-Sama finally wants to talk?" Says Gyutaro, his sarcasm couldn't be clearer.

"I said aint it funny? I've been slaying demons non-stop for the better part of two years. I dropped my sword for what... two months? and I'm this pathetic?" Y/N says.

"Huh?" Gyutaro had a hard time hiding his confusion.  "What are you talking abo-"

"Whether I've lost my touch a bit, or you're just somewhat better than those roadside demons in Kanagawa or both. Either way..." Y/N says as he points his sword to the demon. "I could use the practice."