𝟑𝟏 | 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬

Goals - 100 votes and 100+ comments. Please read the note at the end of the chapter for context.

________________________________________

I felt so many things at once when I let myself open my eyes

The first was the daylight that shone into the room through the window, clearing my surroundings and my mind.

Second, I had a little aching between my thighs from the soreness caused by my actions the night before.

Third, the panic that swept over me, thinking I had been away from home for another whole night, must have irritated my father so much that he was waiting for me to return home to give me another earful. 

Fourth was the feeling of the body pressed against my back, holding me an arm draped over my waist while the soft snores blew little puffs of breath in the crook of my neck, making me want to steal another selfish moment.

However, my reality from this new day differed significantly from what Nicolas and I had shared the night before.

I remove myself from him and sit in my position, taking care not to wake him up. My head shifts to see him stirring before he returns to his slumber. We were both still exposed in every way, emotionally and physically—proof of our connection, which we had observed yesterday.

I gulp the tightness in my neck, unable to find comfort as I quietly remove the silk sheet from me and set my bare feet on the chilly floor, standing and gathering my shattered clothing all over the place.

When I noticed my phone among my clothes, I remembered how it got on the floor in the first place.

"Pick up the call."

"You want to come, don't you?"

"Answer him while I eat your delicious cunt, Feisty, or I am going to leave you in this mess."

"Pick it up and place it on speaker. Now"

My thighs rubbed together on their own accord.

I exhaled a shuddering breath and pushed my thoughts away, squatting down to pick up the device. The screen was damaged (which was evident), and when I turned it on, I saw 75 missed calls and over 90 unread texts, the majority of which were from dad and Emma, two from my sister wishing me a happy new year, and others from Aurora. The same was the case for the missed calls.

Only then did I recall that until yesterday, Aurora and I had always wished each other first at midnight on the 31st.

I hurriedly moved, putting on my clothing and regaining my composure. I have to get out; get out before Nicolas wakes up. It was already too much, and I couldn't allow myself to dwell on something that was meaningless for both of us, something that could only make us miserable in the end. I can't allow myself to get weak in front of him; I can't let myself become used to having him around.