Chapter 113 - Kalyana vaibogam - 1

The night before the wedding

The house was filled with relatives for the upcoming rituals of the marriage. It was the day before Maaran and Maya’s wedding. Mehandi and Sangeet were held the previous day for both the couples and nalangu for Maya and Maaran took place that morning. The family was getting ready for the evening ritual where the relative elder ladies would put the wedding bangles for the bride.

Yamuna walked into Maya's room to find Maya walking around the room nervously. She sighed and walked to her, stopping her holding her hands.

Yamuna: Mayu yen di ipadi nadanthutu iruka ?

Maya: athai kandipa valayal podanum ah ?

Yamuna: enna di ippadi kekra… athu kalyana valayal.. athu potu tha aganum.. Anjali ku ellarukum potom illa..

Maya: illa athai enaku avalo valayal potu palakam illa la atha ketan

Yamuna: potu tha da aganum.. thaali pirichu pota aparam kalatika seriya ?

Maya thought for sometime before she nodded. Yamuna asked her to do a final touch up and wait until she sent someone to take her down.

Maaran stood leaning on the pillar and watched Maya who was seated on the small wooden  ‘ mukkali’ while the elder ladies stroked some sindoor on her forehead and hair partition before making her wear the bangles. ( If you doubt the Sindoor on hair parition before marriage, elders would do it right from a function called " ponnu veedu mapla veedu, engagement and more )

The ritual came to end when Maya's hands filled with glass bangles before everyone left for dinner.

Maya had dinner and walked to the backyard to wash her hands. She washed her hands and looked up to find Maaran in front of her smiling at her with crossed arms over his chest.

Maya: Inga enna da panra ?

Maaran: oru nimisham..

He moved forward and removed the pallu that was tugged in her waist before correcting her slightly disveled hair. He moved back and eyed at her from the top to toe. She was draped in a simple silk cotton saree. Her hair was simply braided and she had no makeup as it was an evening event. Even with no makeup just with the string of flowers on her hair and the marriage glow she shined under the moon light.

Maaran: sema alaga iruka di….

She blushed while he took her hands in his and caressed the bangles in her hand. He traced his index finger along the bangles and smiled while she frowned at him.

Maya: ena da ? She smiled gently at him.

Maaran: intha vayal unaku semaya iruku..

Maya: unaku pudichu iruka ?

Maaran: hm.. unaku neraya valayal poda pudikathunu enaku theriyum.. ana una ipadi paka… apdiya ipava kadichu..

Maya: deii… she whined looking around and sighed while there was no one.

Maaran: enakaga konja naal itha potukaraiya ?

Maya stared at him who was excited as a child. Somehow wearing so much bangles did not go well with her. Her mind was disturbed when she had so many bangles in her arms.

“ Unaku Venda na enaku Vendam.. “ his words echoed.

When he was ready to loose all his wishes just because she did not like, why can't she be able to satisfy his one small wish.

She sighed nodded before pulling her arms back from his hold.

Maya: potukaran..

Maaran smiled and looked behind her.