Chapter 114 - Kalyana vaibogam - 2

Maya and Maaran moved to the pooja room and Maya lit the lamp before standing beside each other and prayed to the god. They were led to the place where Ilavarasi’s photo hung. Maya lit the lamp with tear filled eyes before Maaran gave her a comforting side hug.

Maya: Thanks ma….

Maaran: Thanks athai.. and nan unga promise ah kapathitan..

Yamuna: apdi enna da promise pana ?

Maaran: athu Maya porantha anaiku enna kondu poi anga vitutu neenga engayo poninga illa.. apa athai Maya va kalyanam pani nala padiya pothumo nu en kita satyam vangunanga…

Everyone around them gasped in surprise with the new found information.

Yamuna: Ada paavi itha yen da ivalo varusham ah en kita kooda solala ?

Maaran: Sola kudathu nu ella illa ma.. apa enaku ethuvum purila.. apram apdiya vitutan.

Latha: ana seriyana kd tha da nee..

Maaran and Maya chuckled before they were led to the unjal in the living. They sat beside each other and fed each other the “ paal and Pazham “. They also were asked to feed the children which led to the feeding the cousins gang too. Nandhini pulled a face as she did not like bananas but still had it under completion making Maaran and Maya laugh at her. ( Athu naan tha... As I am the kada kutty.. Ela kalyanathu nan tha matikaran )

The newly wedded couple sat facing each other with a playful smile before a Pithalai kudam was placed in between them. Anjali removed her gold and silver rings and put them into the kudam.

First and second time it was Maaran and Maya's turn respectively to take the gold ring and the third time when they dug their hands into the pot Maaran caught hold of her palms. He scratched the inside of palm with his index finger making her wriggle. He smiled naughtily when she glared at him and challenged her to take the ring through his eyes. She smirked and got hold of his fingers that were playing with her palms and pinched the back of his palms. He yelled without expecting her to act and using it as a chance she quickly took both the rings out of the pot and pulled a face at him.

Anjali: avalo tha koluntha naare.. ini neenga en thangachi solarathuku ella thalai aati tha aganum vera Valli illa..

Maaran: ipa matum nan enna panra.. ellathakum hmm matum tha kotitu irukan..

Maya looked at him blankly while he smiled playfully at her.

Anjali: hey enna di kalaichutu irukaru.. nee amaithiya iruka..

Maya: Haan onu illa.. ama nee enna Sola vara nan enna sonalu hmm Sola soli compel panran ah ?

Maaran: Hey nan apdi solala.. nama life la nee enna Mudivu eduthalum athu correct ah tha iruku… athu naala yosikama nan hmm kotiruvan..

Maya smiled at him and he looked into her eyes before they heard a chorus of throat clearing sounds.

Anjali: night ku konja romance micham vechutu.. ipa motharatha kuduthutu elunthu vanga breakfast saptutu… photo shoot mudichutu.. rest edunga..

She led them to the dining area which was arranged in the front yard. The couple was served a breakfast feast and fed each other when the cameraman asked too. Maya was enjoying the ‘ munthiri cake ‘ that was served as the sweet and that did not go unnoticed by Ajay as it was one of her favorite sweets. He was quick to grab a few more and returned to place them on her leaf. Maya looked at Maaran who nodded his head. (That's our family sweet, athu ilaatha function ah illa enga veetula )

Maya: Ajay.. she stopped who was leaving the place and once he looked at her she opened her mouth asking him to feed her.

Ajay stared at her for a few seconds before his eyes fell on Surya beside Maya who pleaded with her eyes. Ajay sighed and took a piece of the sweet and fed Maya who teared up.