If I die

Amidst the mounting tension in town, Lee made a stop at Martini's gas station, a quaint but lively spot buzzing with local gossip and the occasional customer. Martini, the eccentric owner known for his colorful stories and quick wit, greeted Lee with a hearty laugh that echoed through the small shop.

"Well, well, if it isn't Lee Stan, the man himself!" Martini exclaimed, a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "Here to fix your truck or steal my customers again?"

Lee chuckled, leaning against the counter with a playful smirk. "Just swinging by to see how the competition's holding up," he teased, gesturing towards Sabrina, the owner of the shiny new gas station that had recently opened nearby.

Sabrina, a no-nonsense woman with a knack for business, shot back with a wry grin. "Don't worry, Lee. There's enough gas guzzlers in this town for both of us."

The banter continued, a blend of humor and underlying rivalry that had become a staple of their interactions. Lee soaked in the lively atmosphere for a moment longer before bidding them farewell.

Outside, he joined Sam and his friends briefly, the air thick with anticipation and concern. Sam, troubled by the danger his uncle faced, made a decision that weighed heavily on his mind. He resolved to join the Sheriff's group on the hunt, determined to ensure Lee's safety.

Lee, sensing Sam's unease, placed a reassuring hand on his nephew's shoulder. "I'll be fine, Sam," he said with a reassuring smile. "But before you worry about old Uncle Lee, why don't you spend some time with your friends? Enjoy the fair. It's important."

Sam hesitated. Emily, catching the unspoken tension, stepped forward with a gentle smile. "He's right, Sam," she said softly.

Reluctantly, Sam nodded. "Alright," he agreed. "But first, let's get my truck."

Together, Sam, Emily, Dave, and Arren made their way to Martini's place, a stone's throw from Lee's beloved mechanic shop. Martini, always one to lend a helping hand, offered his van for their expedition.