Roundabout

At Sam's house, Emily and Sam had just laughed after accidentally honking the truck's horn. The tension of the night was momentarily broken, but Emily couldn't shake a nervous joke about the monster finding them.

"Imagine if that thing showed up here," Emily chuckled nervously as they headed inside the house.

Sam shook his head with a smile, trying to lighten the mood, "Come on, Em, don't jinx us now."

Inside, Sam headed to the fridge to fetch some water for both of them. As he turns around, he froze at the sight of Emily standing frozen by the window, her eyes wide with fear.

"Emily, what is it?" Sam whispered, following her gaze.

Emily pointed silently, her hand trembling. Through the window, they could see the massive shadow of the Allosaurus moving ominously outside.

Sam's heart pounded in his chest. "We need to get out of here, now."

Hand in hand, they moved slowly towards the side door, trying not to make a sound. Sam cautiously peered outside and spotted the Allosaurus's tail wrapping around the back of the house. He pulled Emily clos, urgency in his voice.

"We have to make a run for it," Sam said, his voice barely above a whisper. 

They dashed towards the truck, crouching on its left side for cover. Sam quickly retrieved the family rifle from the back of the truck, checking the surrounding for any sign of the predator. For a brief moment, it seemed clear.

But just Sam turns to reassure Emily, the ground trembled under a heavy thud. The Allosaurus massive foot appeared on the other side of the truck, cutting off their escape route.

Sam's heart sank as he pulled Emily back, eyes wide with fear. "We're being circled. Emily, start the truck now."

Emily nodded, trembling as she climbed into the driver's seat, hands shaking on the keys. San knew they needed a distraction. without, he sprinted towards the family windmill nearby.

The Allosaurus noticed the movement and lunged towards Sam, its jaws snapping shut just as he reached the ladder Sam's heart raced as he climbed swiftly, adrenaline pumping through his veins. The Allosaurus's massive head slammed into the ladder, jaws getting stuck in the rungs.

Sam barely had time to let go, dropping safely to the ground as the ladder was ripped apart by the creature's strength. He sprinted back to the truck, heart pounding as he jumped into the passenger seat beside Emily. "Go, Emily, go!" Sam urged, his voice urgent as Emily slammed her foot on the gas pedal.

The truck roared to life, speeding away from Sam's house towards the safety of town. Behind them, the Allosaurus freed itself from the wreckage of the ladder, its primal instincts drawn to the distant lights of the air. drawn towards them making its way straight towards the town.