The Shower, the Tea, and the Hammer

So, here's the deal. This story is kinda like an update of sorts. I was going to put some of this in the last story, but decided it was going to be too off to include and wouldn't make sense. Now it's in a story of its own! The updates are about everyone's lives, what they're doing, where they're living, how things are going. Nothing crazy, just a story post-baby shower where the girls are talking on the beach :) ENJOY!

Oh, and craziness from our favorite blonde surfer man, of course :D

*****************

"Just keep me up to date on the progress, okay? If you get everything put together today then this week I can start to decorate and have everything ready to go"

"Will do, hun", Ken agreed, showing off his hammering skills as he twirled it in his hands, "We'll have this nursery ready to go in no time. Nothing like hard work and elbow grease, huh? We won't rest until this place is in absolutely perfect condition for our little girl's arrival in a month and a half, don't you worry. You can count on us!"

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon on the island of Oahu. And what was more perfect than partaking in the most relaxing beach day post-baby shower with your girls? Barbie would add to that sentiment that having the men-folk assemble the nursery would be even better.

The breakfast-style morning baby shower had just finished a couple hours ago. Celebrating the upcoming new arrival of the Carson Baby that was due in just a mere six weeks brought together friends and family from all over, and with it being a co-ed shower meant even more loved ones were included. Breakfast dishes, games, surprises, presents. It was glorious.

Daisy flew out with Nikki, Rafa, and surprisingly Brooklyn from New York very late last night, landing closer to midnight, while Renee and Chase arrived two days ago. Brooklyn was a soft maybe due to her strict Broadway rehearsal schedule, but she had informed her former roommate and name-twin not to worry because she would 'totally make the shower happen no matter what!' Teresa showed up solo while Lazlo was busy orienting with his new career, just being hired at his new engineering firm only last week.

Finally, Barbie's family and Ken's parents had been on the Island for two days, as well, helping to set up and prepare for the party. Grateful for their longtime friends and current coworkers, Barbie and Ken were showered with more praise, more love, more gifts, and more attention than they ever imagined. Even their wedding couldn't top the gushing their baby received.

And now that the event was finished, the closest of the ladies were soaking up the sun, lounging on the beautiful Waikiki sand while Ken took Chase and Rafa, along with Mr. Roberts and Mr. Carson, to work on the nursery. They had claimed they were overdue for "Man Time" and that it was their moral obligation to 'get things done' for the women.

Yet speaking of women, Mrs. Roberts, Mrs. Carson, and the three sisters were busying themselves with a sightseeing tour around the island, leaving the friends to spend time with each other.

Barbie smirked and raised an eyebrow at her husband's confident bravado, knowing him better, "Or rather more like you're going to put something small together and then break for a beer?"

Chase, off camera, raised his voice from behind the bashful dad-to-be, "YUP!"

"Pssshh, today is not just about having a refreshing adult beverage", Rafa was offended, coming into view and puffing out his chest at the thought of them skimping on their work, "You also have a pool"

Earning a good laugh from the women, Rafa blushed.

"It's okay, you're allowed. Thanks for doing all this, Ken. And all you guys, really. You have no idea what it means to both of us that we have you all out here to help for our little boy"