017. ━ go-karts and corrupt business owners

chapter seventeen ━ go-karts and corrupt business owners( season two, episode three )

( season two, episode three )

❝This feels like we're in a really
bad Al Pacino movie...❞

𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 first to admit that she never thought about crushes and other, as Kim would say, 'girly things'. She wasn't a tomboy, but she never thought about those types of things.

It's what made her father not have a heart attack while halfway across the world.

That was until she met Jack Brewer.

There was something different about him than the other boys at Seaford High. Maybe it was the way he didn't have an infatuation with Veronica like Frank. Or perhaps it was the way he didn't dream of a non-existent future with Kim like Randy.

Being a girl sucked sometimes...

"Six and a half horsepower engine."

Veronica was shaken out of her mind when she heard Jack's voice and looked over at her friends who were all staring at the go-kart that was sitting in the store window.

"Aluminum rims with independent suspension," Eddie added.

"Four-wheel servo-drive disc brakes," Milton said.

Jerry looked stunned. "It's... red!"

Veronica shook her head. "There's something for everyone..." she said, patting him on the shoulder when she looked over. "Oh, my gosh..."

"Hey, guys."

The four boys followed Veronica's gaze and landed on Kim. "Oh!"

"Snap!"

Her usual silky blonde hair was now an afro with different colors and ribbons in it. Her cheeks were overly blushed and she had pink eyeshadow on. "Kim, wow!" Milton exclaimed, walking toward the girl. "You look—uh... different. Hot date tonight?"

"With a clown?" Jack added.

Kim rolled her eyes. "Go ahead and laugh, but I just got us ten bucks closer to buying that go-kart. Wilford Beauty College is paying people to be their practice dummies. Ronnie, they're still looking for people."

The brunette shook her head and Jack looked at her, secretly hoping she wouldn't agree. "I'm good, thanks," she answered quietly and he let out a breath that didn't go unnoticed by Milton.

"My cousin Chewie goes there," Jerry said with a smile and they looked at him. "You know, for his final, he trimmed by grandmother's mustache. He went through three pairs of scissors, but he got most of it."

Eddie shook his head. "Man, I can't wait 'til we get that go-kart."

The group talked over each other in agreement and walked into the dojo, Milton pulling out their money jar from his locker. "Alright, it's time to kick in. I made forty bucks by visiting my great-aunt Betty. Every time I go, she thinks it's my birthday and gives me money. I went four times yesterday."