Chapter 5

ATREYI'S POV :-

Just as I signed the contract he picked the tissue paper from the table and was about to leave. "Hey wait! If you keep the tissue, I won't have anything with me as a proof of signing the contract. Let me form a PDF of the picture to keep with me so in the future you won't deny about it's existence." I stated before he could walk away.

Sighing he placed the tissue on the table and was mumbling something under his breath. This really irritates the shit out of me when someone intentionally mumbles in front of me instead of just telling what's wrong.

"Stop mumbling and speak it out loudly." I advised yet he chose to stay silent and shook his head side to side indicating that he won't be telling me. This infuriated me further and I spat out, "Can't we for once have a conversation like two civilized persons. We don't really have to argue for every small thing." Even after this he simply shrugged his shoulder and turned his head in other direction.

That was the last straw for me, unable to control my anger any longer I burst out, "Fuck you!"

That seemed to pique his interest,as he walked towards me taking slow and deliberate steps. Stopping in front of me,bending down he came near and whispered in my ear, "Is it an insult or a wish neonata ?" Did he really say that? Yes he did, the smirk still playing on his lips is evidence of that and he is thoroughly enjoying the fact that his words left me speechless.

Even the luck was in his favor, as the bell rang right when my mind came up with with a proper comeback. Rolling my eyes at him, I strolled out of the cafeteria and went on to attend my students after all can't keep them waiting for long.

But this interaction ran through my mind for the rest of the day. I couldn't believe that I was unable to retort back in time and what shocked me the most was the way my body reacted. How I clenched my thighs unconsciously and something fluttered inside my stomach.

That's unusual for me because my body never reacts like this. I have a fare share of past relationships but none of them ever made me feel like this. I think Meera is right, the dearth of man in my love life is the only reason for my body to react in this manner. I need to get a man, may be at the house warming party of principal sir I will find someone of my taste.

Thinking about what to wear to the party, I leave the college premises in my car. Instead of going home directly, I went to the jeweler to collect the silver Ganesh idol. Shifting to a new house feels like starting your life again and you should have God's blessings with you during that period.

Coming out of the store my eyes fell on a Bonsai Store right opposite to the jewellery shop. I could have bought a bonsai tree, as Ma'am(Principal Sir's wife) loves them but I placed order for this idol way almost a month ago, at that time this idea didn't come to my mind.

Promising myself that I will get two bonsai es next time; one Jasmine Bonsai for Ma'am and one Frangipani Bonsai for myself. With that thought in my mind I left for my home.

By the time I unlocked my apartment door it was already evening which means I am going to be late. Ignoring the time limit just like my students ignore their exam to scroll reels for hours I move towards the bathroom to freshen up.

After an hour of shower I come out of the washroom wrapped in my favourite white and yellow stripped towel. Taking a bit of lotion in my hands I spread it evenly over my arms and walk towards the closet to choose a saree appropriate for the occasion.

Once I selected that I moved towards the dressing table to do my makeup. Not wanting to overdo anything I filled my eyes with kohl and put on fake eyelashes and finished with a nude lipstick.