Chapter 6

Hello there. It's nice to see you back again. 🫂

Happy Reading 💐
___________________________

_________________
ATREYI'S POV :-

Setting my foot on the first floor I inhale deeply. The calmness around me soothed my nerves as I stared towards the empty corridor. On one side there are floor to ceiling length windows and on the other side the rooms. Roaming a bit, I stop in front of the window and stare into the distance.

As I stand here, my mind wanders back to today's events and mainly the arguments we had. I know he thinks of me as a conceited person and he is not entirely at fault, the way I behave anyone will think like that.

However, I wasn't always like this, my set of circumstances molded me into the person I am today. Till the time my parents were alive no one had the courage to raise a finger at me. Since my parents were professors their presence in the college protected me from the society's torment. But once they left this earth all the mocking came to me in full force.

Being a prodigy I was younger than my classmates and had to prove myself at every point of my life. Everyone thought of me as the kid who is lucky enough to have a god-gifted brain. They simply called my hardwork and sleepless nights, my luck to have such parents who made me a genius.

In the process of fighting with anyone who raised a finger at me or my potential, it became my second nature to behave like a brat. Those who were hell bound on breaking my shell and meet the real Atreyi are now the only ones on whom I can count on and the rest just simply thought of me as a conceited and difficult person.

__________________________
THIRD PERSON'S POV :-

With deliberate steps Atharv walked towards her and stopped a few steps away from her.

"Umm, are you okay?" Clearing his throat, he questioned with a hint of uncertainty in his voice as if he himself doesn't know why he is here.

"I am okay." Came Atreyi's crisp reply. Her tone more harsh than she meant for it to be.

She thought that this will definitely shoo him off as he hates this attitude of her. However, this is not the case right now, as he is still standing behind her like a shadow. His sudden show of affection and care towards her is unsettling.

Sighing she turned around and demanded, "Why are you here? Why this sudden care? Did your chachu (uncle) scold you for bickering with me and sent you to say sorry like an obedient child that you pretend to be then let me tell you that apology not accepted. You can go and complain to your chachu about it, Atharv. I don't want this feign care...."

Getting tired of her rumbling, he pinned her against the window leaving her flustered with his sudden action.

"You better shut that pretty little mouth before I put it to work, neonata." he purred.

His words left her flabbergasted and fogged her mind with the sentence's underlying meaning. At that moment she hated her brain for understanding his words.

"Listen neonata you rushed out of the hall in anger, I didn't want you to burn this house with your rage and that's the only reason for me to come behind you." he uttered these words with such ease as if they weren't standing in such a compromising position.

With that he left her and walked down towards the stairs as if nothing happened. Atreyi followed him down the stairs, her mind still recalling his earlier words. She knew he said those words just to shut her mouth yet they were lingering in her mind.

She didn't seem to notice when she came down and Mrs. Malhotra (Principal's wife) was pestering her with questions about where did Atreyi disappear and why she was looking so flushed although Mrs. Malhotra knew the reason she just wanted to see how Atreyi responds to her questions.