Chapter 2

Thank you for giving my book a chance. I hope you all will like it. ❤️

__________________________________

Stepping inside, I scan the meeting hall and see that my colleagues are already seated around the conference table and Dr. Rakesh Sharma is standing behind the podium, about to start the meeting.

"I apologise for being late." I said and smiled towards everyone.

The principal sir stood up from his seat, smiling and said "It's absolutely fine Atreyi. Come take a seat" , while pointing towards the two empty chairs for me and Meera to occupy.

Principal sir has been my father figure in this college since the day I joined. Always caring and checking up on me like I am his own kid.

Nodding my head, me and Meera took our seats and Dr. Rakesh Sharma started the meeting.

"A very good afternoon to everyone present here. Today we all have gathered here to introduce the newly appointed professors with the rest of the teaching staff and to discuss the theme for the cultural fest.

So, I would request Dr. Anjali Kapoor, Dr. Salim Rahman and Dr. Atharv Malhotra to come to the stage one by one and give a brief introduction of themselves.

Dr. Rakesh stepped out of the podium and Dr. Anjali took his place. Holding tightly onto the microphone she said, "Good afternoon everyone. Myself Dr. Anjali Kapoor, joining as the new assistant professor of Education..."

She was speaking a bit too loudly but still her voice faded into blur as my eyes moved towards Dr. Atharv Malhotra who was sitting on his chair and for the first time Meera's sources were true he actually looks like God's best creation.

Dr. Anjali stepped down off the podium and nodded towards Dr. Salim Rahman to take her place. Oh so it seems like Dr. Anjali is done giving her introduction but my mind didn't capture a single word she spoke.

Soon Dr. Salim was behind the podium and giving his introduction but my eyes and mind were stuck on Atharv. Feeling my eyes on him, suddenly he turned his gaze towards me and stared into my eyes leaving me flustered.

I turned my head towards Dr. Salim, unable to bear this intense eye contact but I could still feel his eyes lingering on the side of my head as he was seated directly opposite to me.

... hoping to make this university an even better place for the students to learn and grow. " I caught only the last few words of Dr. Salim as my mind was preoccupied by a fine man sitting right opposite to me.

Dr. Atharv Malhotra stood from his seat and walked towards the podium like a runway model.

"My name is Atharv Malhotra, and I am delighted to join the faculty here at Greendale University as a newly appointed professor. I bring with me a diverse background in the field of mathematics, having completed my Post Doctorate from Oxbridge University in Nottinghamshire. My research focuses on algebra in applied mathematics , and I am passionate about exploring the relationship between algebra and probability.

Hearing this Meera nudged me with her elbow and as I turned towards her she was wiggling her eyebrows. I totally knew what was brewing in her head. Huffing, I rolled my eyes at her although there were butterflies in my stomach at the thought of knowing that he has interest in my subject. But ignoring these butterflies for now, I focused on his smooth voice as he spoke further.

"In addition to my academic pursuits, I have experience in teaching and helping post graduate students with mathematics and statistics, which has greatly influenced my teaching and research methods. I look forward to collaborating with my colleagues and engaging with students to foster a dynamic and innovative learning environment.

Thank you, and I am excited to embark on this new journey with all of you." saying so he stepped down from the podium and walked towards his chair to grab a seat.

Clearing his throat, Dr. Rakesh gained everyone's attention and said, "I hope all three of your new journeys at this university are filled with memories which you will cherish for the rest of your life. Now let's start with the theme for cultural fest for this year. I will request the Principal sir to come to the podium and start the discussion."

Principal sir took Dr. Rakesh's place in no time and started the meeting. "As you all know we have opened the gates of the prestigious Greendale University and just like every year, this year also we are stormed by the amount of students who took admission this year. As being the faculty members it is our responsibility to make our students feel at home and welcome them in our Greendale's family with open arms.
So what's better than the cultural fest as it will not only give the new students a kickstart for a new chapter of their life and provide them with a bundle of memories to carry with them as they will leave our university premises after graduating. So I will request you all to choose two professors who will look after all the preparations for the fest. There should be a notepad along with a pen in front of you and the procedure of casting the vote is really simple. Just write the name of two professors whom you consider as a capable candidate and submit your votes in the bowl present in Tarun's hands."

All the faculty members present there soon scribbled down the names and Tarun moved from one professor to another collecting the votes cast by them.

After a wait of about 15 minutes Principal sir came up with the results but his expressions were a bit troubled.

"So after counting the votes, it is seen that we have one winner and a tie between two professors. Atreyi won with the maximum votes so clearly making her the head of preparations of cultural fest and the tie is between Dr. Meera and Dr. Atharv. So, now it is in my hands that I select the second head of preparations and hence I choose Dr. Atharv Malhotra as the second head of preparation for the cultural fest."

Hearing this I was fast on my feet and before I could even contemplate what I was doing I shouted, "Noo! Dr. Atharv can't be the head of preparation"

_______________❤️_______________

Pheww 😮‍💨 A long chapter it was ! 1067 words
Is this size okay for you or should I reduce the word count ? Please let me know.

What do you think is the reason for Atreyi to not team up with Atharv for fest preparations ? The next chapter would be dedicated to the one who guesses correctly.

Please don't be a silent reader. Votes and comments are highly appreciated.
To get the next update at least 5 votes are needed in this chapter.

That's for today.
See you all in the next update.
Byeee pookies 💋