Merc river

Coming to a halt as dawn is about to break again. Ottar tells Lora that it would be best to camp out here for the time being to get some rest. From his suggestion, Lora gather herself with Ottar to set up camp and rest for the night before continuing on the journey.

Working together, they gather the necessary assumtion for camping. Dry twigs and leaves to create a fire using Ottar's magic after casting his incantation.

There was also a river nearby where Lora gather water as well as some fishes she caught for dinner.

Enjoying their little feast in the surround dark thicket of the woods. But even when trying to rest. Lora is still worry about what she have found while exploring the ruin castle. Once again just like the mysterious book she found in a wreck ship inside the underground cave.

That spiral symbol that is engrave on her jade pendent, left behind by her real parents who she still have no knowledge of. Now that same symbol is found inside the ruin castle located inside the Forbidden zone for the island. So she ponders hard and figure out that maybe  this island really have something to do with her and her real family.

What can it be, what is the connection.

Ottar the entire time wanted to ask Lora if something what being bothering her. He could tell after seeing her expression ever since the incident back at the ruin castle. Lora wasn't sure how to tell Ottar what have been on her mind all this time. So she quickly ask the boy if he was hurt anyway after fighting the crimson fang pack and that giant wolf.

" You are worry about that now after so long, quite cruel don't you think," he replied with a giggle.

But he still reinsure the girl that he is alright. Still Lora's face speck otherwise. It doesn't take a genius to see that she is still worried. To convince her, he quickly takes off his top to show the girl his body. Embarrassingly she wanted to strike the guy for his rudeness but her blue eyes are once again draw to the many scars on the Ottar back.

Stronger wolves have a small regeneration ability but cannot help bigger major injuries like the scar she is looking at on the center of his board muscular back.

Many warrior Lora knows have scars like these but none of them are as young as Ottar who is only 20. But taking a look at his scar again, for some reason it looked oddly familiar to her. She wonders if she have seen it before. 

" I received this from my training with my father," he said.

This jolted the girl from her thoughts.

" Why push yourself so far?" she ask.

Ottar replied.

" Because I was always the one on the receiving end of everyone words."

Lora can understand how he feels. She too have also push herself to become stronger so that the weight for everyone hate toward her can never break her. Lora didn't know why he is forcing himself to tell her all this appearance from the discomfort on the surface of his voice.

With the only words she can tell the guy is, goodnight. Before hurrying off to sleep while Ottar stayed up to keep watch as she sleep. No matter how strong you act, you body needs it rest. That is why Ottar fell asleep without knowing with cause them to be in a very steamy situation once waking up the next the day when the sun have to rises to bring end of the deep blue moonless sky.

The Merc river stratches from one end for the island to the other. Even going through the forbidden zone, making it the longest fresh body river on the island. Odviously you can't get into the forbidden zone using the river because of the barrier. And if so it would be extremely dangerous since the forbidden zone is fill with dangerous beasts on land, sky and yes the river as well.