Ch. 6 Valkyrie Files

MASTERMIND IN KIVOTOS, Case Files: Valkyrie Police Academy.

One Week after BA Bank Heist...

Valkyrie Headquarters, 6th Floor (Detective and Investigations Departments), 24th Investigation Room.

Across the long meeting room's table was an array of reports and photographs that left half a dozen Valkyrie detectives scratching their heads. Due to the complexity of the case, they had to bring in the Public Peace Bureau Director Ogata Kanna to have a look at it. The blond haired hound's ear twitched as she placed down her coffee mug.

Kanna: So, let's go over the details once again, okay?

BGM: Blue Archive OST 27. Fade Out

The Robbery:

At 1:03 pm Eastern Kivotos Time, a Barne's Bank branch near the Abydos outskirts was robbed by a team of three masked students as well as a seemingly unwilling adult accomplice. They almost manage to rob them without the cops ever knowing, until two of the robbers run into a patrolling Valkyrie Cruiser parked outside. Unfortunately, the robbers and accomplice fled the scene before additional Valkyrie support arrived.

Barnes' Bank , often nicknamed BA Bank, is a subsidiary of the larger Kaiser Loans holdings company owned by the Kaiser Corporation . It has branches across Kivotos generally in small buildings on the outskirts of larger academies to serve rural residents. The branches usually use smaller vaults and only a few safe deposit boxes for cash, and the vaults are often protected by a time-lock. That would've been the case if not for the Cash Truck leaving early for an early lunch break and the Manager being out on business matters, leaving the vault opened.

Kanna: *sigh* (Kaiser, why does everything relate to Kaiser? The Chief of Defense might get on my ass when she learns her "associates" got hit)

Kanna's Notes: Sloppy lapse in security on their part; they practically welcomed bank robbers to just come in by leaving the literal vault door open.

The Timeline

The bank robbery went surprisingly smoothly, the accomplice disabled the security cameras, the robbers knocked out all security personnel on site, even fooling the Pager Operator by having the accomplice respond. Then they tied every civilian with cable ties and entered the open vault and loaded their bags with the incoming cash. The accomplice even sawed open the deposit boxes to steal their contents. What they couldn't predict was a Valkyrie patrol just happened to be parked outside to take a break. Most if not all of the stolen funds recovered from damaging their bags or the Cloaker tackling them. Unfortunately most of the Yen bills were damaged in the firefight and became unusable.

Kanna's Notes: These places are often targeted due to their distance from other Academies and their security forces. I'm surprised at how fast the response times our teams get there, but it can be improved on though. This is the bread and butter of bank heists. This job is somehow both professional in broad strokes yet novice in the details. I have a hunch this was hastily planned out and executed from how they needed to grab a saw from a nearby construction site as well as their reaction to the patrol's Spook.

The suspects:

A short black haired student, with a top head ponytail. Was wearing a gray school uniform with a white tie, short skirt, and a black face mask with a white X. She had a worn MPX and was referred to as "Plover" during the robbery.

A tallish blond haired student in a bob cut. She was wearing a gray long coat, gray baggy pants, and had on a black face mask with a white X. She wielded a worn student portable minigun as well as having a chain of 7.62 NATO over her shoulders. She was referred to as "Caracal" during the robbery.