18: A Love Fulfilled

*A FEW MONTHS LATER*

The Hwang estate was quiet in the early morning light, a gentle breeze rustling the leaves of the garden trees. Inside, a solemn scene was unfolding. Hyunjin and Yeon-mi knelt before Lady Hwang, Lord Hwang, and Lady Hwa-yeong, their heads bowed in deference and anticipation.

Lady Hwang's expression was serious but not unkind. Lord Hwang stood beside her, his gaze stern yet thoughtful. Lady Hwa-yeong, always a beacon of support, watched with a gentle smile, her presence a comforting reassurance to the young couple.

Lady Hwang spoke first, her voice measured and calm. "Hyunjin, Yeon-mi, we have seen your dedication and the strength of your bond over these past months. It has not been an easy journey, but you have both shown resilience and commitment."

Lord Hwang nodded, his expression softening slightly. "We have deliberated long and hard on this matter. Our primary concern has always been Hyunjin's happiness and the integrity of our family."

Hyunjin looked up, his eyes meeting his father's. "Father, Mother, I love Yeon-mi with all my heart. She completes me in ways I cannot describe. We are ready to face any challenge together, to honor our family and each other."

Yeon-mi, her voice steady but filled with emotion, added, "I promise to dedicate myself to Hyunjin and to this family. I understand the responsibilities and will uphold them with all my strength."

Lady Hwang exchanged a glance with her husband, then turned to Lady Hwa-yeong, who gave an encouraging nod. Finally, Lady Hwang's gaze softened as she looked at Hyunjin and Yeon-mi.

"You have our blessing," she said, her voice tender but firm. "We will support your union and welcome you into our family, Yeon-mi."

Relief and joy washed over Hyunjin and Yeon-mi. They bowed deeply, expressing their profound gratitude.

"Thank you, Mother. Thank you, Father," Hyunjin said, his voice choked with emotion.

Lady Hwa-yeong stepped forward, her smile radiant. "I have always believed in you love. May your life together be filled with happiness and fulfillment."

*LATER THAT DAY*

The household was abuzz with preparations for a small celebration. The servants, delighted by the news, worked diligently to prepare a feast. Hyunjin and Yeon-mi stood side by side, watching the activity with hearts full of gratitude.

Hyunjin turned to Yeon-mi, taking her hands in his. "We did it, Yeon-mi. We've overcome so much, and now we can finally be together without any obstacles."

Yeon-mi smiled, her eyes shining with tears of happiness. "I never doubted us, Hyunjin. Your love gave me strength, and now we can build our future together."

They spent the afternoon walking through the gardens, reminiscing about their journey and dreaming about the days to come. The sun set, painting the sky in hues of pink and gold, casting a warm glow over the estate.

*EVENING CELEBRATION*

As night fell, the Hwang estate was illuminated with lanterns, casting a festive ambiance. Family and close friends gathered to celebrate the union of Hyunjin and Yeon-mi. Lady Hwang and Lord Hwang, though reserved, showed their support with gentle smiles and kind words.

Lady Hwa-yeong, ever the supportive presence, offered a toast. "To Hyunjin and Yeon-mi, may your love continue to grow and may your life together be filled with joy and prosperity."

The couple exchanged a loving glance, lifting their cups in gratitude. As they mingled with the guests, Hyunjin's friends congratulated him warmly, and Yeon-mi was welcomed with open arms by those who had come to admire her resilience and character.

*EARLIER THAT WEEK*

The court had been abuzz with gossip about Hyunjin and Yeon-mi. During the morning assembly, one of Lord Hwang's fellow officials had mentioned it to the king, curious about how a nobleman's son could fall for a servant girl.

Intrigued, the kind decided to visit the Hwang estate. He had always admired Lord Hwang's dedication and wanted to see for himself the couple who had defied societal norms.

The king's visit took everyone by surprise. He arrived unannounced, his presence a mixture of authority and curiosity. Lord Hwang greeted him with deep respect, while Lady Hwang and Lady Hwa-yeong hurried to ensure everything was in order.

Seated in the grand hall, the king observed Hyunjin and Yeon-mi with keen interest. "I have heard much about your love story," he said, his voice carrying a tone of curiosity. "It is not often that we see such defiance of social norms."

Hyunjin, though nervous, spoke with confidence. "Your Majesty, our love transcends the boundaries of social status. We are committed to each other and willing to face any challenges together."

The king nodded, smoothing out his beard, impressed by Hyunjin's conviction. He turned to Yeon-mi. "And you, Yeon-mi, do you understand the gravity of your relationship with a nobleman?"

Yeon-mi bowed deeply, not daring to lift her head. "Yes, Your Majesty. I understand the responsibilities and the scrutiny we face, but my love for Hyunjin is unwavering."

The king smiled, a rare show approval. "Love is a powerful force. If it is genuine and strong, it can overcome many obstacles. You have my blessing. Official Hwang, you have raised a son with a strong heart."

Lord Hwang bowed deeply, gratitude evident in his eyes. "Thank you, Your Majesty, Your support means a great deal to us."

After the king had given them his blessing and left, while the night progressed, Hyunjin and Yeon-mi found a moment of quiet amidst the celebration. They stood beneath a cherry blossom tree, the petals softly falling around them, creating a scene of ethereal beauty.

Hyunjin cupped Yeon-mi's face in his hands, his eyes reflecting the depth of his love. "Yeon-mi, we've been through so much, and now we can finally start our life together. I promise to cherish you every single day."

Yeon-mi leaned into his touch, her heart overflowing with love. "And I promise to stand by your side, through all the joys and challenges that come our way."

They shared a tender kiss, sealing their vows under the blossoming tree. In that moment, surrounded by the beauty of the night and the warmth of their loved ones, they knew that their love had triumphed over every obstacle. Together, they would face the future, their hearts united in an unbreakable bond.