Chapter 4

The next hour passed in a blur of meetings with the principal and disciplinary actions against Lisa and Jennie. When everything finally calmed down, I found myself standing in the school courtyard, waiting for Cheyoung to arrive. I was eager to leave behind the stress of the day and look forward to the potential of a new friendship.

Just as I was about to check my watch for the tenth time, Cheyoung appeared, a bright smile on her face. "Ready to go?"

"Yes, let’s get out of here," I said, returning her smile.

As we walked through the school’s gardens, Cheyoung pointed out different places—the library, the cafeteria, and the sports fields. I listened intently, trying to memorize her directions so I wouldn’t get lost again.

Suddenly, Cheyoung stopped and looked at me with a thoughtful expression. "You know, Jisoo, there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you."

I looked at her curiously. "What is it?"

Cheyoung hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Do you feel like you’re adjusting okay here? I know it must be tough, especially after what happened today."

I took a deep breath, feeling a mix of emotions. "It’s been hard, but having you as a friend makes it better. I just want to fit in and not be scared all the time."

Cheyoung’s eyes softened. "I’m glad I can be here for you. And you will fit in. It just takes time."

We continued walking, and as the day turned into evening, I felt a sense of hope. Despite the challenges, there was now someone beside me who cared.

As we reached the end of the garden, we paused by a small bench. Cheyoung sat down and patted the spot next to her.

"Come sit with me for a moment," she said.

I sat beside her, and we enjoyed a few moments of quiet together, watching the sunset. In that peaceful moment, I couldn’t help but feel that perhaps things were starting to look up.

The next few days were filled with new experiences and growing friendship. Cheyoung and I spent more time together, and slowly but surely, the shadows of Lisa and Jennie’s hostility began to fade.

Yet, as I got to know Cheyoung better, I couldn’t ignore the lingering thoughts of Lisa, Jennie, and their hidden feelings towards me. I also noticed that Rosé, Lisa, and Jennie seemed to look at me differently—there was a new tension in the air, a strange blend of curiosity and attraction.

One afternoon, while walking with Cheyoung, I overheard a conversation between Rosé and Lisa. Their words were hushed, but I caught phrases like “Jisoo” and “she’s not just a target” and “I think we should do something.”

My heart raced. It seemed like there was more to this situation than I had originally thought. As the days passed, I realized that I was caught in a complicated web of feelings and rivalries. I would need to navigate these challenges carefully if I was to find my own path and maybe, just maybe, discover who might become more than a friend in my life.

But for now, I was grateful for Cheyoung’s support and looked forward to the days ahead, hoping they would bring peace and perhaps a bit of love into my life.

**To be continued…**