Chapter 5

*Kim Jisoo’s POV*

Days had passed since the incident in the abandoned classroom, and things at YG University had started to settle into a new rhythm. Cheyoung and I had become close friends, and the tension with Lisa and Jennie had seemed to fade into the background, though I could sense an underlying current of unease whenever they were around.

One afternoon, after classes, Cheyoung and I found ourselves sitting on a bench in the school’s garden. The warm sunlight filtered through the trees, casting a dappled shadow on the ground.

"How’s your day been so far?" Cheyoung asked, her eyes twinkling with genuine interest.

"It’s been good," I said, trying to sound enthusiastic. "I actually got a decent grade on my history quiz."

Cheyoung clapped her hands. "That’s great! I knew you’d do well."

"Thanks," I said, feeling a bit shy under her praise. "How about you? How’s everything with your classes?"

Cheyoung sighed playfully. "Well, my math class is as difficult as ever, but I’m managing. It’s been nice to have someone to talk to during lunch, though."

I blushed slightly, feeling a flutter in my chest at her words. "I’m really glad we met. It’s been a lot less stressful having you around."

Before Cheyoung could respond, a shadow fell across us. We looked up to see Lisa standing there, her expression neutral but her eyes sharp.

"Hi, Jisoo. Do you have a moment?" Lisa asked softly.

Cheyoung looked at me, concern in her eyes. "Do you want me to stay?"

I shook my head, trying to sound more confident than I felt. "It’s okay. I’ll be fine."

Cheyoung nodded and stood up, giving Lisa a polite nod before walking a few steps away, leaving Lisa and me alone.

"Hi, Lisa," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "What’s up?"

Lisa sat down on the bench beside me, her gaze focused on the ground. "I wanted to apologize for the way Jennie and I treated you. I know it must have been tough."

I was taken aback by her sincerity. "Thanks for saying that. It means a lot."

Lisa looked up, her eyes meeting mine. "I know it’s not much, but I wanted to offer to help you with anything you might need. If you ever want to talk or need help with anything, just let me know."

I was surprised by her offer but nodded gratefully. "I appreciate that. I’ll keep it in mind."

Lisa gave me a small, reassuring smile before standing up. "Well, I should get going. See you around, Jisoo."

As Lisa walked away, I watched her go, feeling a bit confused but hopeful. Maybe things would get better if I had more allies on my side.

**To be continued…**