Chapter 3

*Kim Jisoo’s POV*

The door to the abandoned classroom finally creaked open, and the bright fluorescent lights from the hallway cut through the dimness. I squinted at the figures standing there, the sunlight briefly revealing the relieved expressions on Cheyoung’s and my faces.

"What's going on here?" the teacher demanded, her voice sharp and authoritative.

Jennie, Lisa, and their gang looked at each other, their faces frozen in surprise and then slowly shifting to innocent expressions. "We were just trying to make sure that Chaeyoung was okay," Jennie said, her voice dripping with false sweetness.

The teacher raised an eyebrow. "From the look of things, it seems like you were about to start a fight. Care to explain?"

Lisa opened her mouth to respond but was cut off by Chaeyoung stepping forward. "They were trying to beat me up because of Jisoo. They wanted to scare us, and they locked Jisoo and me in here."

The teacher glanced at me, her eyes softening with concern. "Jisoo, are you alright?"

I nodded vigorously, though my hands still trembled. "I-I’m okay. Thank you for coming in time."

"Good," the teacher said. "Lisa, Jennie, you both come with me. We’ll sort this out with the principal."

Lisa and Jennie exchanged defiant glares but followed the teacher out of the classroom, their friends trailing behind them.

As the door closed, Chaeyoung turned to me, her face a mixture of relief and worry. "Are you sure you’re alright, Jisoo?"

"I’m fine, thanks to you," I said, managing a weak smile. "You really saved me."

Chaeyoung blushed slightly. "I just did what anyone would do for a friend."

I hesitated, unsure how to express my gratitude. "I… I’m not sure how to repay you for everything you’ve done for me."

Chaeyoung shook her head. "You don’t need to repay me. But maybe we can hang out more, and I can show you around the school."

I nodded, feeling a bit of warmth spread through me at the thought of spending more time with her. "That sounds nice."

**To be continued…**