Chapter 6

Later that week, I found myself walking to the library after classes, hoping to catch up on some reading. To my surprise, Jennie was sitting at one of the tables, her usual smirk replaced by a serious expression.

"Hi, Jisoo," Jennie said, her tone surprisingly neutral.

"Hi, Jennie," I replied, keeping my distance. "What’s up?"

Jennie motioned for me to sit down. "Can we talk?"

I hesitated for a moment before sitting down across from her. "What do you want to talk about?"

Jennie took a deep breath. "Look, I know we haven’t gotten off on the right foot. I wanted to clear the air between us."

I raised an eyebrow, skeptical but curious. "Why now?"

Jennie shrugged. "Things have been complicated lately, and I realize I might have overstepped. I’m not asking for us to be friends, but I wanted to apologize for the way things have been."

I studied her face, searching for any hint of deception, but she seemed sincere. "Apology accepted, I guess."

Jennie nodded, a flicker of relief in her eyes. "Thanks. I know it might not mean much, but I really do want to make things right."

Just as I was about to respond, the door to the library opened, and Lisa walked in. She stopped when she saw us and gave Jennie a questioning look.

"Everything okay here?" Lisa asked, her tone edged with suspicion.

Jennie gave her a reassuring smile. "Yeah, everything’s fine. We were just talking."

Lisa’s eyes shifted to me, then back to Jennie. "Well, if you say so."

Lisa walked over to a nearby shelf, clearly keeping a watchful eye on us. I could sense the tension in the air, but I chose to ignore it.

**To be continued…**