Chapter 8

*Jennie’s POV*

The days since our apology to Jisoo had been… awkward. While Lisa and I had done our best to be nice, I could tell that Jisoo was still wary of us. But something else had been eating at me—an unsettling feeling that I couldn’t shake off. Seeing Jisoo and Cheyoung together stirred up emotions I wasn’t ready to confront.

I found myself thinking about Jisoo more and more, her smile, her laugh, the way she looked when she was lost in a book. I hated the thought of losing her to Cheyoung or anyone else. And that jealousy had started to twist into something darker, more intense.

One afternoon, I was sitting in the library, my eyes following Jisoo as she walked in with Cheyoung. I noticed the way Cheyoung looked at her—softly, tenderly. It made my stomach churn.

“Hey, Jennie,” Lisa said as she slid into the seat next to me. Her eyes followed my gaze. “You look like you’ve got something on your mind.”

I snapped out of my thoughts and forced a smile. “Yeah, just thinking about stuff.”

Lisa raised an eyebrow. “Like what?”

I glanced back at Jisoo and Cheyoung, who were sitting at a table, laughing over a shared textbook. “Just… thinking about how things are going between us and Jisoo.”

Lisa followed my gaze and let out a soft sigh. “Yeah, she and Cheyoung seem pretty close.”

I looked at her, trying to gauge her interest. “You think Cheyoung’s good for her?”

Lisa shrugged, a hint of envy in her eyes. “Seems like it. But you know how it is—people change, situations change. You can’t really control it.”

I leaned in closer, lowering my voice. “What if we could change things? What if we could make Jisoo see that we’re the ones who should be close to her?”

Lisa looked intrigued. “What do you have in mind?”

I hesitated for a moment before speaking, the idea solidifying in my mind. “What if we do something to make Jisoo see that Cheyoung isn’t right for her? Something to make her realize that we’re better for her?”

Lisa’s eyes widened slightly, her curiosity piqued. “What are you suggesting?”

I smirked, feeling a dark thrill at the idea. “We could start by finding ways to make Cheyoung look bad in front of Jisoo. Subtle things, so Jisoo doesn’t see it coming. And we could also make ourselves more available, more appealing.”

Lisa’s eyes sparkled with a hint of mischief. “That sounds risky. But it might work.”

I nodded, feeling a surge of determination. “It will work if we do it right. We just have to make sure Jisoo notices us and feels drawn to us instead of Cheyoung.”

Lisa leaned in closer, her eyes narrowing in agreement. “Okay, I’m in. But we need to be careful. We can’t let Jisoo catch on to our plans.”

“Of course,” I said, a sinister smile on my face. “We’ll be careful. And we’ll make sure Jisoo ends up where we want her to be.”

**To be continued…**