Chapter 2.

(A/N: GUYS PLZ GO READ you made your mark on me by: lverby ON AO3 ITS A JAVEY FIC AND ITS SO GOOD OML SEARCH LVERBY AND U WILL FIND IT ITS ONE OF THE BEST FANFICS I HAVE EVER READ IMO)

Jack took his position at the desk. His job was helping people find books and checking them out. Around 10 minuets went by with nobody coming in. Race eventually arrived for his shift, cigar in his mouth.

"Race! Spit that out! You are going to set off the smoke alarm!" Katherine said.

"I just got here! But fine." He spat his cigar in the trash can. He began restocking books.

"I got a job offer." He said. Race had an engineering major yet along with me, he couldn't really find a job. Well until now.

"that's great! So I assume you ain't working here any more?" Katherine said.

"unfortunately, I start next week so it's my last week here." Race said.

"we will miss you..." crutchie said. As he said that the door opened and they got a customer. They began to work. An hour later they got many more customers. They ended up making quite a few sales, considering their shop had been open for only a month. Around 3:00 pm, the store was quiet. No customers. Crutchie and Katherine were planning race a secret farewell party. Jack overheard and silently agreed with them, so Race couldn't hear. Suddenly someone walked in. He had short dark hair, he was a bit taller than Jack. He had nice hazel eyes, and he was somewhat pale. He had a little child with him. This child looked like him, but with longer hair. Jack assumed this was his sibling. He was led by his little brother to the children's section.

"I'm going to look in romance. That's where I'll be ok. Try not to get lost." The man bent down to the child's height and whispered. Jack could somewhat hear him. The man was wearing a vest, a tie, and a button up collared shirt. He was looking around in the section. Jack couldn't help but admire him. Race noticed this. He approached Jack and whispered in his ear.

"crushing for a customer?" Race chuckled.

"god no." Jack playfully hit race. The little child ran up to the man.

"Can I get this one?!" He said excitedly, gesturing to a children's book.

"mhm." The taller man nodded. He had a somewhat smooth voice. He took the picture book and brought it to the register where Jack was. Jack looked up at the taller man.

"Just this one." He said, handing him the book. His little brother looked up at Jack.

"name for the order?" Jack said bagging the book. We never asked for names. Jack just wanted to know his name. Jack seriously didn't know why... he made me feel something, but he just met the man! How can he make him feel stuff?!

(don't ask why I'm publishing this so early. Word count: 492 words)