Chapter 8

"Charm me. Furiously.
Torment me. In detail."
- Hermann Hesse

It takes us a good 5 minutes to find the right entrance to the roof.

My head starts hurting as soon as I see how many people are here actually.

It's almost like if I take two steps forward I will most definitely bump into somebody.

"Let's just go get our drinks." Edens says and we interlock our fingers, walking through the crowd to the closest bar that we see.

Here are about five different bars and each of them has an even nastier sign than the previous one.

We stand next to the one that says "suck this off my dick."

It's so unbelievably childish almost that I start to laugh.

Even Eden looks a little confused and is shaking her head in disbelief.

We finally are able to order and we get vodka with Red Bull.

My eyes almost pop out when I see how much it costs here.

"We definitely need to find a finance guy in here." Eden leans in to yell in my ear.

We sit at beach chairs and I chug my drink in one sip.

At least it hits me almost right after.

Some people keep coming over to us and say hello to Eden.

Looks like she is quite popular.

Then I look up and I see the same guy moving in the crowd.

He's not alone. There is a blonde girl walking next to him, but he doesn't really look that much interested in her. He keeps looking in all directions.

He can't actually be looking for me!

"Eden, we have to go!" I grab her hand and almost spill her drink that she is holding.

"Where are we going?"

"I think they are playing beer pong in there." I yell back at her and we get inside this almost like a living room area.

The music is so much more bearable here and the bar doesn't have a ridiculous sign on it.

"You hate beer." She looks at me with on of her eyebrows raised.

"It could be fun, right?" I try to look as confident as possible.

"It's my favorite activity of all time." She gets that sparkly eyed look and I smile.

"Can we join for the next round?" She then suddenly exclaims to all the people that are gathered around the table.

Almost every single one of them turn around to look at us.

I want the ground to open up under me and eat me whole.

"Sure thing!" Some guy with piercings reply.

———

It's my second round already, or maybe the third.

Eden is so good that we keep winning every time.

I don't take alcohol very well. Actually I don't even really drink.

"You look like you're going to be sick!" Eden turns around and looks worried.

She is unfazed. Even though she keeps drinking half the cups that I have to drink.

"I am so good!" I yell out way too loudly and make some people stare.