chapter 13

𝐑𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 would hardly come easy from this point onwards

She had given her breakfast to Astris, who accepted it gladly. Rhaella could not find it in herself to do much of anything.

Guilt.Loathing. Anger.

A helpless loop the girl had remained in.

"I have not yet asked my father about your freedom," Rhaella admitted. It was mostly for Astris's benefit, as Mysaria seemed disengaged from the conversation.

"I can hardly hold it against you, he is quite fearsome," Astris responded.

"Among other things," Mysaria added bitterly.

The heavy thud of iron rang out in the prison halls, interrupting anything further.

"Lady Rhaella." Ser Erryk greeted. Rhaella's body slightly tensed as she was hardly allowed in the dungeons.

"Good morrow, Ser," Rhaella said, removing herself from the front of the cell. The guard stared at her for a moment, as if contemplating something.

"You need not worry." Ser Erryk said kindly. He grasped the keys from his pocket, unlocking the cell.

Mysaria held no look of surprise, almost expectant. Astris on the other hand gleefully exited the cell, taking her place by Rhaella.

"The Prince Daemon has seen for your freedom." Ser Errryk said.

Rhaella's brow furrowed in confusion. Her sharpened eyes turned to Mysaria who quietly thanked Erryk.She had done something, Rhaella was sure. Mysaria, instead brushed past her leaving Astris and Rhaella to themselves.

"I thought I would be confined there forever!" Astris exclaims. Rhaella manages a slight smile.

"Come," Rhaella said, walking off. Astris was quick to follow, falling into her familiar role.

Rhaella escorted Astris to her chambers, shutting the door behind her.

"You may stay here for a time," Rhaella said. She dug around the wardrobe, placing her old dresses onto Astris's lap.

"What will you do?" Astris hummed, admiring the fine fabrics. They were admittedly not her style. But a needle and thread would remedy it.

"I shall ask the queen for your leave." Rhaella decided. Truthfully, Rhaella doubted the Queen Rhaenyra was in a state to be so gracious.

So, Rhaella left Astris to herself. She tread down the halls, lost in thought. Her mind had since decided to speak to Rhaena, who had not left her room as of yet.Rhaena would not want to see her, Rhaella knew. But her fist knocked on the door anyhow.