𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.

CHAPTER 20
REAL LIFE
━━━━━━━━━  ᡣ𐭩  ━━━━━━━━━

REAL LIFE

"can you-- can you come pick me up?" milani pleaded as she sat on the sidewalk curb outside of a huge, two story house that currently held around a hundred drunk college students.

"i'll send you the address."

the girl hung up, wiping away tears with her sleeve. what started as a truly amazing night, quickly turned to one of the worst nights of her life.

here she sat, outside of a house where she previously had been the night before. the only difference was that her brother didnt come this time. mason had invited her to come over again, the house being one of his close friends'. he knew she had an amazing night the night prior, so he thought to invite her once more for part two. however, he was looking for something more.

when the two arrived at the party, milani stayed close to mason since she hadn't known anybody. the only thing that bothered her was that he knew almost everybody. she hoped to stay by his side the entire night, but later on, she found herself without him.

she searched the crowd for him, eventually seeing that he was dancing with another girl and getting really intimate with her. as if that wasn't enough to upset her, mason soon found his way back to her and tried to push himself onto her.

it wasn't just the fact he was doing so without asking her, it was also that he was doing the same exact thing to another girl less than five minutes before he tried his luck with her.

with that, she yelled at him, drawing attention from everyone at the party. however, everyone gave her a weird look rather than mason. it was then that she had quickly run outside and sat on the curb, thoughts spiraling in her mind.

milani wanted to call ella, but she knew for sure that she was asleep or that she'd kill mason right then and there if she showed up. she didn't want to call kyson because he'd do the same, but literally.

that left her with only one other person, and as much as she didn't want to, she at least had to try. otherwise, she'd be walking home, alone. on top of that, it was beginning to rain.

soon enough, a black suv pulled up right in front of the girl. she stood up slowly, double checking that it was him, before opening the passenger door.

"matt, i'm so sorry. i know it's late-"

"what the fuck happened?" he interrupted, concerned more than ever.

milani's hair was a mess and her mascara was starting to run with every tear that fell from her eyes. her arms were crossed, with her knees brought up to her chest. she was nothing short of miserable. it was cold outside and it was raining lightly.

"can we just go? i'll explain it in a bit," she sniffled.

matt let out a sigh, listening to her request. he knew that getting angry about it wasn't going to help one bit and that he just needed to be there to listen. to calm her down.

the first ten minutes of the drive were silent. it felt a little awkward to matt at first, but he soon realized that it for sure didn't feel awkward to milani because she couldn't even think about that in the moment. she was more focused on processing what happened.