Chapter 42: Diplomacy to the West

Aboard an Airbus A319CJ of the Italian Air Force, 15th of January, 1640; 5 days later

The change of plans had been a fair success. After the Muans were made aware that the Airbus could travel the equivalent of a Rome-Anchorage flight in 17 hours, they suggested that maybe, perhaps, possibly they could come along.

It was understandable, Bianca thought. The plane ride from Mu to Italy took them 5 days. Which made sense with a plane equivalent to that in the 1920s. And Lerney along with the others dreaded such a long journey again. So when she explained that their government plane could make the journey in just a day, they of course wanted, or even nearly begged, to fly with them.

After they communicated with Otaheit, and made sure that their runway was even long or developed enough for an Airbus, all was clear for the journey. And that's how Bianca found herself in the same plane as her Muan counterparts.

Initially, Bianca was told that the Mu Royal Air Corps Marin fighters would be guiding their government plane to... what was it again? Bianca checked her files. Ah, the Delfon's Cross Aerodrome. But due to the Airbus being much faster than the Marin, it seemed that the Muans will instead guide the Italian pilots via manacomm through its magic signals.

"Hey, Misses Lorenzo?"

Bianca immediately looked back. It was Lerney coming from the Muan's side of the plane. He tipped his hat to her as a greeting before he sat beside her, "I would like to say thank you again for the change and extension of our visit. It was... Perhaps unprofessional to do so."

The woman smiled as she shook her head dismissively, "It's alright, Canessa was glad to still have you in the country. I forgot to ask, how was Naples?"

Lerney then sighed melancholically, "Ah the food was simply to die for. Mister Enning had been enthusiastic about the food during his research. Naples was, in my opinion, the best in terms of cuisine."

Bianca chuckled, "I'm glad. If Canessa heard that from you he'd definitely ramble about it in pride."

"Muan food, I'm sure you'll find quite interesting. We've had thousands of years to develop and adjust our palette when we transferred from Gaia to Elysia," Lerney commented as he checked his pocket watch. They should be nearing Otaheit soon.

"Huh... That made me think, how did Mu handle the transfer actually? Because an ancient nation being brought to another world... I'm sure such reactions are much slower compared to ours," She said as she rubbed her chin.

"Ah yes. In our history books, it was written that ancient Mu took almost three months to actually realise that they were transferred. The first signs were the mysterious creatures arriving, being the wyverns and dragons. And what came next were overseas vessels and sailors no longer returning... And when they finally did start an expedition and returned about a month-ish later? Yes, about that time. It was debated and realised that Mu was transferred," Lerney explained.

"I see... Well I'm sure we will find answers soon enough. That reincarnated Ravernal soldier from Topa will be coming home soon," Bianca said.

"A certain Mister Luca, yes? Please do update us whenever. I've no doubt that Gaia has changed after so long but... I'm sure our people wouldn't mind at least seeing the planet we've lost again," Lerney said as he sighed. Despite it being ages ago, long before he was alive, there was a certain longing for Gaia in every Muan.

"Don't worry, we will," She said. But then the seatbelt sign turned on as the intercom came to life.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We are now set for descent and landing at... Delfon's Cross Aerdrome, Otaheit. It is currently 12:37 PM, local time. Temperatures are expected to be chilly at around 12 degrees. Please return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts as we will now be landing shortly. Cabin crew, prepare for landing."