Masquerade

Chapter 4 : Masquerade 

Songs I think match this chapter :

Jonathan - Adrianne Lenker

Velvet Ring - Big Thief

Drunk Walk Home - Mitski

~ Third person POV ~

   It had been a week since Aneira's father revealed his plans to have a masquerade ball, and she was dreading for the day to come. It seemed every time she checked the date, it just got closer and closer. That morning Aneira woke up from the best sleep she had in a while, she crawled out of bed and padded towards her restroom. She was supposed to spend the day with Laena at the mall or around the town. She quickly showered and freshened herself up, brushing her teeth and combing the tangles out of her hair. Aneira ran to her closet, swinging the door open as she pondered on what to wear. She eventually decided on an outfit Laena had chosen for her before. 

   Aneira slipped everything on, struggling with the stockings for a bit before finally forcing her black combat boots on

   Aneira slipped everything on, struggling with the stockings for a bit before finally forcing her black combat boots on. She quickly ran to the mirror, pinning her hair back into a half up half down style before snatching her purse from the door and hurrying out. Aneira made her way down the stairs, a smile on her face before she was met with a tall, and strikingly handsome figure. She quickly glared up at him, he had ruined her whole mood. It was Rowan, he was dressed in a black long sleeve shirt that hugged him in all the right ways, and some baggy dark blue jeans along with the rings he always wore, at least one on each finger. Aneira grabbed his arm for a second, using it to balance herself as she walked down the rest of the stairs, a smirk on Rowans face before she shoved him away, rolling her eyes and turning away from him.

   She made her way to the door, looking inside her purse to make sure she didn't forget anything, when she noticed Rowan walking beside her. "What the fuck do you want you dimwit." She spat, flashing him a glare before continuing to check her purse, when she was satisfied she zipped it up and dropped it on her shoulder. "I'm going with you kid, I have some plans with some old friends and Laena agreed to let me catch a ride with you guys." He replied coolly, a smug look on his face. Aneira groaned, walking faster than him to get away, but of course, when she got to the car, the middle seat was left for her. She climbed in reluctantly, glaring at her best friend who was avoiding her gaze, she knew Aneira would be pissed. Rowan rested his hand on his lap, his pinky slightly touching Aneira but he hadn't noticed. "Get your fucking finger off my leg before I cut it off satan." She said monotonically, the plain look on her face seeming to affect Rowan more then her angered one as he quickly moved his hand away before rolling his eyes at her.

   The car came to a stop outside the huge building these rich people called a mall, though it looked too fancy to be one. Aneira quickly ushered Laena out of the car, hating how close she had been to Rowan this whole time. Her feet landed on the ground outside of the car, she steadied herself for a second before closing the car door. Laena flashed her a smile but she didn't return it, she couldn't believe she offered Rowan a ride, but then again she could believe it, Laena swooned over him almost every time she was over at Aneiras house.