Chapter 11:

JJ "okay but I don't even understand why you're getting mad at me, I really can't do it. Why are you doing this to me? I didn't even do anything", Emily "because you are babying her, be the bigger person and let her be, if she cries she cries", JJ "do you hear yourself right now, like seriously listen to the words that are coming out of your mouth. You are the one that's overreacting, that's fucking you. Getting mad at me because our daughter almost drowned, she's scared and she's frightened by what happened and wants to be held. She's our daughter and she's little, so little, it's not a bad thing that we hold her, hold and then here you are getting mad at me for no reason. Like why are you even mad at me, I held her, while she cried, she was hurt and scared and all she wanted was to be held, and you are being so mean for no reason. Taking it out on me, I don't even know why you are doing this to me, I had this so much, you are being so rude and so disrespectful", Emily "I'm being real", JJ "how are you being real, our fragile five year old daughter almost fucking drowned, she almost fucking drowned, do you know that when a child gets hurt or something we as parents are supposed to comforting for our children, but you are getting mad at me because I am doing just that, just that. I'm trying to comfort our daughter, she was scared, and you are just getting mad at me, and you're yelling at me, raising your voice, the kids can hear us, and that's not healthy for them, and you should know that", Emily "you're being so damn extra right now", JJ "I don't give a flying fuck, I'm defending our tiny five year old because she was scared, she was crying and was terrified after she almost drowned, she fell under water and that was the most scariest thing ever for her", Emily "but why are you doing this, going back and forth", JJ "I'm not fucking doing this right now", JJ took Emerson with her, and JJ drove off for a bit, taking some time away from the cabin. JJ stopped the car, putting it in park, and constantly hit her hands on the steering wheel, and she buried her face and started to cry. Emerson was a bit nervous, Emerson "mommy what's wrong", JJ wiped her tears and turned to face the five year old that had asked her question, JJ "me and mama are fighting right now", Emerson "is it my fault", JJ "oh no baby, it's not your fault. It's not your fault baby girl, it's not your fault baby. Mommy and mama are just fighting and that's okay but it's not at your fault baby girl", the phone started ringing, and JJ picked it up, JJ "what do you want", she yelled sort of angry. Emily "Jennifer I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to take my anger out of you, I need you to come back so I can properly apologize to you, I'm so hurt for hurting you, can you please come back to the cabin, I need to talk to you baby, please", JJ "you need to apologize to our nine year old as well, not just me", Emily "okay", JJ hung up the phone, JJ "are you ready to go back to the cabin princess", Maya "yes mommy", JJ drove back to the cabin, parking the car in front, Emily was sitting on the porch and had been waiting for her. After Emily apologized to Emerson, she went inside to play with her brothers, Emily hugged JJ tightly while crying. Emily "I'm so sorry for hurting you, I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean anything that I said, those words were terribly offensive and hurtful and I shouldn't have said any of them. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, please forgive me baby girl", JJ "I forgive you", the two of them pressed their lips together tightly, Emily "I love you so much", JJ "I love you too".