Chapter one

In the heart of a bustling city, nestled among towering buildings and busy streets, lived a young girl named Annika. At just 6 years old, Annika had already experienced more upheaval than most people do in their entire lifetime. She was a child in the foster care system, which entailed moving from home to another, carrying her few belongings in a small, worn-out rucksack. This included pictures of her parents, a few clothes which they wore on their last limb as they had holes and lots of stains on them. 

Annika's journey began when she was five. She had the most amazing life, with the most amazing parents she could have ever asked for. She lived in a little cottage with just her and her parents. The house was in a state of melancholic decay, its walls were cracked and weather-worn. Ivy was desperately clinging to the crumbling facade of the house, but it was still perfect to Annika as it was home. There we're picture on every inch of the walls showing the loving memories that the family had made, some faded but staled showed how much love was there. They lived on a huge national park, which is where both of her parents worked as grounds keepers. This gave Annika the chance to explore every day through the long open fields, the accent woodlands, winding rivers all around the estate. She had so much freedom with just the noise of chepeng birds singing to each other and the trees swaying in the wind.

This all came crashing down, when Annika got that dreaded knock on her old cracking front door. The tragic news that her parents had had a car accident which had taken both of their lives. In just a few days her whole life was turned upside down. She was moved out of her house and put into a busy and noisy orphanage for girls. The sweet sound of birds and trees was replaced with the horrible sound of traffic and people and the freedom she once loved was gone. In the heart of a bustling city, stood a modest orphanage known as St. Margaret's Home for Girls. The orphanage, with its ivy-covered walls and creaky wooden doors, was home to twenty children, each one with their own unique story.

Her time in the orphanage was horrible; she had to constantly guard her stuff or it would be stolen. As she was one of the youngest she got the scraps of everything, food, drinks and clothes. The only upside was that she had her bed near the window which faced a patch of trees which reminded her of her old home and the life she was taken away from.

.......................................................................................

Word count:453

hey Guys this is my first story so please be nice and kind. I am sorry if there is any spelling mistake or bad grammar.

Thanks for reading my first chapter and please vote and leave a comment.

*EMMA HETHRON*