Chapter eight

The next day - Sunday morning

"Boys, can you get to know her and make her feel welcome please" Ms Carter said as she left the house for work with Mr Carter.

"Don't worry mum we will" Carlos said with a big smile on his lips as he smirked with his brothers.

"And leave her because she is sleeping in so try not to be too loud and look after yourselves" Said Ms Carter.

"We will be fine, just go mum" said Ethan.

Few hours later

It had been a few hours since Ms and Mr Carter had left for work and Annika had just woken up and had gone for a shower. She just stepped out of the bathroom, her hair damp and a towel wrapped snugly around her, when she heard giggling from down the hallway. She didn't think much of it. The boys were always up to something but as she reached for her bedroom door, it suddenly swung open.

Before she could react, Hunter, Braden and Carlos grabbed her by the arms, their laughter bubbling over as they pulled her toward the stairs. "What are you doing?" Annika shrieked, her voice a mix of surprise and panic as she struggled to keep her towel in place.

"Chill, it is just a little fun, sis!" Braden grinned, his grip firm but playful.

Ye we are just trying to get to know your personality" Hunter said with a smirk.

"Yeah, come on, it's just a joke!" Carlos added, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

Despite her protests, they managed to drag her down the stairs and past ehr other foster brother in the living room and toward the front door. Annika's heart raced from the sheer embarrassment of what was happening. "No, stop! This isn't funny!" she pleaded, trying to twist out of their grasp, but the boys were relentless.

In a flash, they pushed open the front door and, before Annika could even react, they shoved her outside onto the porch. The door slammed shut behind her, and she heard the click of the lock as they burst into laughter on the other side.

Annika stood there, stunned, her face flushed with a mix of anger and embarrassment. The afternoon sun was warm on her skin, but all she could think about was the fact that she was standing outside in nothing but a towel, completely exposed. She frantically tugged the towel tighter around herself, glancing around to make sure no one was nearby and to make sure all of her body was covered.

"Let me in!" she yelled, pounding on the door with her free hand. "This isn't funny, Hunter! Braden! Open the door right now!"

Their laughter echoed through the door, but they didn't respond right away. Annika could hear them talking and laughing inside, probably congratulating themselves on a prank well-executed. Suddenly Annika felt her heart drop as she heard people behind her talking.

"Hey Annika, you look chilly," James said with a smirk and a hint of laughter in his voice.

"What oh h-hello" Annika stuttered back when she spun around and found James and another boy standing behind her.

The boy stood casually leaning against the wall, a natural confidence radiating from him. His tousled dark hair, just long enough to fall slightly into his eyes, looked effortlessly stylish. His eyes, were a deep shade of blue that caught the light in a striking way, were framed by thick lashes that made them even more captivating. They had a warmth to them, mixed with a hint of mischief, like he was always on the verge of a smile or a laugh. His skin was sun-kissed, with a golden tan that highlighted his strong jawline and high cheekbones. He had a well-defined build, muscular but not overly so, with broad shoulders that tapered down to a lean waist. He was about the same height as James but just a few centimeters taller.

He was wearing a plain black t-shirt that clung just enough to show the outline of his chest and the subtle curve of his biceps, and his jeans fit him perfectly, worn in a way that suggested he didn't put much thought into his appearance but still managed to look effortlessly cool.

She was trying to not to get eye contact with the boys and trying to keep her towel from falling down. And trying to cover her naked and Injured body from view

"Hi it is lovely to meet you" said the boy with a smirk playing on his lips and his eyes held mischief just like James. His voice was smooth, with a slight huskiness that added to his appeal, and when he spoke, it was clear and self-assured, with just a hint of teasing in his tone.

"Need some help" James said with a smirk.

"Y-yes please the boys, they locked me out" Annika stutterd

He laughed as he unlocked the door and let her in.

As she walked past the living room they were all smirking at her except Theo who looked sorry for her.

"We are going to go game in my room if you need anything just knock on the door" James said to her still laughing a bit.

"Bye firecracker" The boy said which caused James to laugh which made Annika blush in embarrassment.

"Excuse me" Annika said back to him.

"Firecracker you have a short fuse" The boy said smiling at her.

Which reminded Annika that he saw her banging on the door screaming at the boys which also reminded her that she was still just standing in a towel. Which caused her to start to run up the stairs which made both boys laugh at her.

"And by the way this is my best friend zayn he is around here a lot as his parents work a lot a lot" James said.

"Great" Annika said quietly so no one would hear but to her luck Zayn heard her which he just smirked at.

She continued to run up the stairs and to her room where she slammed the door and locked it. She slides down the door thinking about how mortifying it would be to see the boys again as they had seen her in just a towel. Especially the complete stranger who saw her completely embarrass herself and was annoyingly handsome.

...........................................................

Word count:1062

Hey guys thanks for reading my eighth chapter. If you have any ideas what you want to happen with the story feel free to leave a comment and let me know and please vote.

*EMMA HETHRON*