Chapter nine

"Annika sweetie, Mr Carter, Charlie and I are going food shopping. We should only be there for a few hours. It is just you and Theo in the house but I think he is having a friend over. if you need anything just give us a call or if it is urgent go to the next door neighbors okay have a good time" Ms Carter said as she was walking out the house. 

It has been an hour since they left and Annika had just finished her book and was suddenly thirsty so she peaked out her door to check if there was anyone in the hallway and started to walk down to the kitchen for a glass of water. As she passed by Theo's room, she noticed the door was slightly ajar, just enough for her to see inside. She paused, not intending to spy, but something caught her attention. Theo was sitting on the edge of his bed, close to someone Lily didn't immediately recognized as a boy with sandy blonde hair and a soft smile. They were talking quietly, their heads close together, the kind of conversation that seemed both serious and intimate. Annika was about to knock and let them know she was there when she saw it. Theo leaned in, hesitated for a moment, and then kissed the boy. It was a gentle kiss, tender and full of emotion, lasting only a few seconds but enough to convey a lot.

Annikas's heart skipped a beat, and she quickly stepped back, unsure of what to do. She hadn't known Theo for a long time but seeing him with this guy made it clear that this was something important to him. She carefully moved away from the door, not wanting to interrupt or make Jake feel uncomfortable. As she walked back the floorboard creaked which made Anniika flinch as she got eye contact with Theo while they were still kissing. This caused Theo to push Landon off him and run up to Annika to pull her into the room and shutting the door.

"You can not tell anyone no one knows that we are gay, if you do we will get bullied" with a harsh but quiet tone so no one could hear them. He was almost hyperventilating; the fear was evident in his eyes while Landon just sat on Theo's bed to shocked to be able to move.

"Theo, calm down your secret's safe with me" Annika said, trying to calm the boy down. "You both don't have to worry no one should be outed before they are ready".

"Thank you Annika" Theo said relieved

"Ye thanks so much and my name is Landon. I am Theo's best friend and ... boyfriend" Landon said while still sitting on the bed.

"No worries and it is lovely to meet you Landon" Annika replied to the both.

"If you wanted to hang out sometime I would not mind and I am sorry did not help you when the other boys locked you out" Theo said nervously.

"I would like that thanks and don't worry it is forgotten" Annika said with a real smile which she had not done for days.

...........................................................

Word count:571

Hey guys thanks for reading my ninth chapter. If you have any ideas what you want to happen with the story feel free to leave a comment and let me know and please vote.

Hey sorry for the short chapter the next one will be longer.

*EMMA HETHRON*