Chapter 16 - Yukikaze Mizuki(fixed)

Lilith Multiverse

Taimanin World

Japan, train station, nearby Gosha Village

Day 2.

6:20 pm, August 12, 2078, Friday.

In a dimly lit room, the only source of light was a large computer screen casting a bluish hue across the space. Seated before it was a young girl with tan skin, her twin-tail brown hair cascading down her shoulders. Her intense gaze was fixed on the screen, her face contorted in frustration as she screamed at the display, the flickering images reflecting the high stakes of the game she was engrossed in. The room echoed with her cries of exasperation.

“Shoot! Dammit!! He's right there!! Fine, I'll do it myself!”

This young girl was Yukikaze Mizuki, daughter of Shiranui Mizuki. She was busily playing a shooter game, displaying remarkable proficiency in aiming as she effortlessly landed headshots on every incoming enemy.

Her frustration grew evident as she noticed her teammate struggling, forcing her to carry the team to victory. Despite the added pressure, Yukikaze's skill and determination shone through, and she ultimately managed to pull through, securing a triumphant win.

“Yes! I won!” She raised her hands in excitement showing a text that said victory.

“What!? Shut up! What do you mean we!? You idiots were running around while I carried you all!” Yukikaze angrily said to her mic. She left the lobby since she didn't want to waste time talking and leaned back into her chair.

‘Why are they blaming me!? They're the ones who're freaking noobs!?’

Glancing over at the clock and seeing that it was already time for dinner, Yukikaze decided to grab a snack as an appetizer, having run out of chips. Just as she was about to head to the kitchen, a sudden knock on the door interrupted her.

“Young miss, your mother has returned from her mission.” An elderly man spoke as this made Yukikaze’s mood immediately shift and quickly opened the door.

“Really!? She's already back!?” Yukikaze was relieved considering how dangerous being Taimanin is with the chances of being defiled was quite high and used as nothing but plaything. She always feels worried knowing her mother is still working despite her age.

Shiranui was a powerful Taimanin but her ability does deteriorate as she ages despite how youthful she appears. Though, Taimanin aging process in Taimanin is different from normal considering there are elderly who look rather youthful. Regardless, knowing her mother was safe and sound made her feel at ease. The reason why she played was to calm her nerves and not worry.

Yukikaze was about to leave her room when Zenki, their stewards, stopped her for a moment, confusing the young girl.

“What gives?” She asked.