6. ~the call~

𝐌𝐢𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

It's been a very long week at work, to be honest it was just dragging on. But finally it was late Friday so I finish work in 5 minutes. I can't wait to get home watch a movie and sleep, it sounds lazy but I'm just not mentally here right now.

I can't thank Marjorie enough for putting me and char on the same shifts all week. Since this incident happened me and Marjorie have really warmed up to each other, and I actually see a side in her that I want to be friend with.

When mine and char's shift ended, we got are things and said by to Marjorie and autumn then left. We walk to my car holding hands, char has not let me drive in weeks. Like I can drive a car you know. It still makes me laugh we chat rushed around to the drivers side before I make it.

"Mia what should we have for tea?" I see what charlottes doing, she's switching the subject of her stealing me seat. She's so cute when she gets awkward. "Hmm what about a take away. I don't feel like cooking today." It's true I really can't be arsed cooking. "Yea ofc love." Oh my god I love it when she calls me love. I never felt this kind of love before I met Charlotte, we always talk through things, make each other smile and way more.

We arrive home, I walk in and just sit down on the couch. "Hard week love?" "You know it..." she sits down next to me and I put my head on her shoulder. She rubs her fingers along me back she's just perfect. I think and say it a lot but I can't help it, because it's true. "I'm going for a shower sweetheart." I say standing up. "Ooo I like the sound of that, I'm coming. Wait no we need a bath." Honestly I love that idea more than a shower. "That definitely sounds better." I say with a smirk on my face, pulling her up and walking up stairs.

Before we get to the top of the stairs my phone starts ringing. I look at the caller id and it's the police's number. I answer the call so quick char definitely knew who it was.

"Hello is this Miss Robert's?" The police officer says. "Yes that's me. Have you found her body?" I say it so quickly I'm surprised the officer knew what I was saying. "Yes Miss we have but." I don't like the sound of that. "But what." I say it with full concern in my face and voice. "She's not dead, she's at the hospital getting checked now. Your more then welcome to come and see her." Wait what I thought she was dead, this is the best news I've had all week. "YES IM ON MY WAY NOW!" I start crying and hung up.

"What is it, are you okay Mia?" Char asks me thinking it's sad tears. "They said she's not dead, she's in hospital and I can go and see her." "Omg that's great news let's go!" We quickly walk out the house and I take my car while car takes hers to get Reece.

The hospital was a 30 minute drive and obviously I turned it into a 10 minute drive. I walk into the hospital and go to front desk. "I'm here to see Elizabeth Robert's." I said to the receptionist. "Are you the mum?" "Yea I am" she says what ward she's in and I quickly go up.

I walk into the room and it's true my gorgeous daughter is lying there awake. "MUMMY!!" Liv shouts across the room. I run up and hug her we are both crying. "I'm really sorry I let this happen to you baby, from now on I'll always protect you I promise." I say while crying my eyes out. "Mummy, I love you. Please just take me home." Now I know I can't take her home for atleast the night. "I can't take you home tonight baby, but tomorrow your coming home" I took a closer look at her and Rodger didn't do much damage thank god. But this will still be traumatising for her.

Not long after Reece walks in with tears in his eyes. "You weren't lying, liv darling." Reece walks up to us. "DADDY!" Liv shouts throwing her arms around him. Me and Reece give each other a look saying we've got her back. Now we know it's going to be a lot for her to take in that we're living in separate houses, with different partners. But we have to tell her. Reece let's go of her and sits her down then sits next to me. "Now Liv, we've got to tell you something okay" "okay daddy what is it?" I honestly don't know how she'll take this.

"Me and mummy are no longer together, we live in separate houses and are with different people." Reece said obviously really worried about how she would react. "Okay, I'm just happy to have my mummy and daddy back!" I was definitely not expecting this reaction. We all gave a group hug and introduced her to Marjorie and Charlotte. She said she like charlottes hair. I'm so glad Liv likes charlotte and she likes Marjorie too which is a bonus.

Reece decided he would stay with Liv so me and char could get my guest room decorated in the morning for a room for Liv. I was happy with this and that following night, Reece FaceTimed me so I could say night to liv. I just couldn't believe it, my Liv was back and I couldn't be more happy.

Note - yea I loved writing this it warmed me heart ❤️