Love or Obsession

POV -SAKURA Haruno

I sit, twirling a strand of hair and staring at my computer, trying not to think too hard about the way Sasuke looked at (f/n). They had both denied having anything between them, but I couldn't get the way he looked at her out of my mind. The love in his eyes was undeniable; there was something there, but what? Maybe it was friendship, or perhaps it was more? Either way, I want to know. I need to know.

My eyes watered as I tried to deny my emotions, my feelings. I was jealous. Sasuke is so handsome, kind, and strong. He is the embodiment of a prince, and the idea of him not loving me in the same way I loved him stung. He had come home for her, not for the rest of the village. He came here to save (f/n), but it did not matter. She was weak and fragile, and she was no match for the power that was the Uchiha line, especially now. Her current state only makes her more pathetic and frail. There's no way Sasuke could be attracted to her.

MY jaw clenched as my eyes scanned over my computer screen. There had to be some explanation, something I'm missing, but what was it. What could (F/N) have that I didn't? (F/N) is trash, sub-par to any woman, and completely inadequate to the strongest line in the Leaf village. I was the one who searched for him and begged him to come home. I was the one who held him when he cried for her, I cleaned up the mess in his home, fed him, and took him to bed, but she was the one who consumed him.

"Hey, girl, you good there, just gazing into nothingness." My coworker, Ino, asked, plopping down in front of me at the nurse's station. Her bright blonde hair is pinned back, and her uniform is crisply pressed. I sigh and look over at her with a pout and a forced smile. "Good," I said, logging off the computer and turning to her. "Have a nice night, Ino," I grumbled, walking past the blonde and swiping my purse off the counter and the keys. "Why the long face?" she said.

"Sasuke came home, right?" she chirped as she hopped off the desk and fell into step beside me. I groan and push the doors open; the moon is still out, but the sun will rise in two hours. The awful Idea of Sasuke coming home for her ran through my head again. The image burned in my brain. The way the bastard looks at her, he fucking eats her up with his eyes, devouring every inch of her. If I couldn't make him feel differently towards her, maybe I could make her see him for the person he really is, a broken, a murderer, and a liar. I could look past those things, but could she? I smile. Yeah, that could work.

"I know that face," Ino smirked. "What are you thinking, Haruno.""Can't a girl be excited for her friends?" Ino looks at me suspiciously. "What are you gonna do, Sakura?"

"Nothing," I retorted. Ino looked over at me with wide eyes. If it was nothing, you'd be jumping up and down." I groaned and started my trek down the stairs and towards my car. "Stop analyzing me, okay?" I said. The streets are quiet, and the only sound is my shoes hitting the pavement as I hurry across the parking lot and push open the car door. The humid night air chokes me.

"Come on, Sakura, tell me what's on your mind?" Ino pouts. Her big blue eyes look at me, and her plump pink lips are pulled in a frown. I am just happy Sasuke is home safe," I mutter, slipping in the car. Anyways, Ino, I'll be seeing you around. I need to go check on our girl." I chuckle, closing the door. The windows are open, and the humidity chokes the breath out of me.

"Girl, are you out of your damn mind." She laughs and leans through the window, "Just be careful. Sasuke has changed a lot more than you think; good luck, girl," she whispers, kissing my cheek; her perfume is strong, and the sweet smell hits my nose. The door closes, and I drive out of the hospital parking lot; the night air is cooling, and the breeze whips through the car. I would do as promised and care for (F/N) as her body healed. I would play the part. I had to.