Love in a world of sin

A loud crashing sound rang through the hall, making me jump, then I heard Sasuke's angry voice ring through, "How dare that stupid, idiotic, pink-haired cunt?!" Another crash sent me running toward my bedroom to see Sasuke wrecking the pace, flipping over the bed, breaking my dressers, ripping the curtains from the windows, and even slashing the TV. My eyes widen. "Sasuke, what, what are you doing? Why are you destroying my room?

Sasuke ignores me as she rips my belongings out of the dresser as if searching for something. I could almost feel his rage coming for me; the anger was directed at me; the hatred, all the resentment of leaving him at a crucial time, the hurt and paranoia from Itachi; I was sure he blamed me a little. Everything was my fault, his pain. It was clear Sakura's words had gotten him under the skin, and now he was acting like a deranged animal in an effort to prove his suspicion that I was still keeping things from him.

My breathing was steady as my hand grasped the doorknob in my room. "Fuck!" Sasuke growls, throwing a bowl, and I can tell his Sharingan is activated. It was all I could do not to close my eyes and drop to the floor in fear of the crimson orbs that always seemed to melt the world away in an illusion of suffering and fear.

"Sasuke, please calm down and talk to me," I said, holding my hands out and slowly stepping inside the room. I needed to move slowly and cautiously, but that was not going to happen. His head whipped around toward me, and I gasped in fear. His eyes glow with the Sharingan, two orbs so filled with loathing that my chest physically hurt.

Sasuke, Sasuke, please, calm down," I say. My voice is shaky, and my body trembles. The man's ability to create chaos had tripled in the past seconds as his fist collided with the door, cracking the center and making my heart sink. "Tell me, are you hiding recording devices and bugs here?" Sasuke growls out, his angry steps falling onto my wooden flooring with purpose as he crushes them. My eyes scan around the room, taking inventory, noting the most expensive damage, "I swear to you I-"

"Don't fucking lie to me," Sasuke's raspy growl cuts me off mid-sentence, and a bolt of fear jolts through my system. I took a slow, hesitant step forward. "Sasuke," My hand shakily reached toward him, " please calm down, I know you heard-" his red orbs turned and focused on me in seconds, his hurt replaced with rage and a hollow, empty stare that looked as though he was not present in his own body, not himself. His paranoia seemed to have skyrocketed. "What? Calm down? After what I just heard, the most vile and vulgar lies, after seeing my most painful memory unfold before me. You think you can ask me calmly. Who the fuck are you, anyway?! The love of my life that's supposed to protect me or a fucking liar? Are you plotting to betray me, huh!?!"

His rage was like an inferno as I held my ground. My stomach twisted, and my heart burned with uncertainty. I wanted to blame Sakura. Was this her intention? To throw us both into a loop and make us distrust each other, making herself more desirable as an alternative to me? My skin suddenly prickled. "Sasuke, why would I betray you?" I calmly asked him and watched him tear everything apart. "You said it yourself. You would choose the village over me; it's already started," He barked.

"What?! Sasuke, you're crazy; please think clearly," I begged. This was worse. Worse than his anger, I almost would have preferred he yells and attacks rather than this vacant, hollow, empty stare that left a pit in my soul. It was as if everything in him had drained away. "Stop playing games (F/n) and tell me the truth," his deep voice was controlled and calculated, and his icy tone sent a shiver down my spine.