Prologue - Open Demo.

Warning: This story, starting from this chapter, may include content that might be sensitive to audience. Content ahead may involve: Violence, Threats, Manipulation, Mild Torture, etc.

The story that is being novellized by yours truly is a Drama series, Cyberpunk-themed and a mildly adult show, named by the same name as the title of this novellization: Meta Runner. Created by the brothers Luke and Kevin Lerdwichagul, founders of the youtube channels: SMG4, and GLITCH. They are the same creators of the series: Sunset Paradise, Murder Drones, and The Amazing Digital Circus. Therefore, all the credits, and rights of this content are reserved to these two, and their company.
(Maybe except for the new things that are going to be added in this novel.)

If you, my dear reader, cannot handle with the stuff that will be mentioned on this story, I sincerely suggest you to stop reading, and find something that fits your preferences the better. I do not want to deal with complaints about what is being written in here, so, here is my warning straight ahead.

Disclaimer given, let us proceed with it.

——

Taking place in a not too distant future, on this world that is being told, Video-games means everything. The companies are founded, all thinking about the sake of entertainment, and quality, whether being thought on the consoles, controllers, or the content itself. The life style of the citizens, is all about either earning funds through the E-Sports championships, streaming, hobby, or simply having fun alone, or with friends. The gaming types are all the same as the kinds the real world lives with. Platformers, Battle Royale, Dating Simulators, First-Person Shooters, Fighting Games, and the list just keeps going. In the Hierarchy of society, being a gamer means being a common citizen. Being a speedrunner, means being a high-class. A famous streamer, and a professional speedrunner, means a public figure.

However, being a META RUNNER, means being above everyone, and everything. For more information, a Meta Runner is a high-class citizen that took the opportunity to be better. Those who lost one of their limbs are offered the chance to have a prosthetic better than the average ones, and become one with better skills, followed with improved processing thoughts with it. Only those who are capable of achieving a great future can become a Meta Runner. That means, only the best of the best can be one.

Although, there is something planned from behind the curtains, made by a individual, with the thought to change all of this. To revolutionize on the world of the Meta Runners.

His name? Doctor James Sheridan. A tan skinned man, of over 30 years of age, Master in mechanic engineering, and computer science. His job? One of the many lab employees of the company Tool-Assisted Speedrunning Corporation. TAS Corp., for short. Located on the video-game capital, Silica City. Amongst the most famous Speedrunning operations that includes the Meta Runners, TAS Corp. is in between those.

Sheridan's objective, is not only to make the best creation humanity has ever done, but to avoid being fired as the third reason. The second reason was unknown. He was bringing a lot of disappointment to his chief, therefore, Sher wanted to compensate for his mistakes with something that would bring the best luck for his industry. For that, he had the help of one of the TAS Corp's E-Sports Team members, Lucinia Porter. A 27 year-old Meta Runner with magenta hair. She is the Top 3 of the team, behind the Red Hot Prodigy, Belle Fontiere. A red-haired 22 year-old Meta Runner, and the Golden Boy, Masa Shimamoto. A 26 year-old Meta Runner, whom, unlike Belle and Luce, was the only one to have the whole left arm -hand-to-shoulders- replaced by a Meta Runner's. Lucinia was being an assist on James' project away from the sight of her friends, thus, being the late member to join on the event, or not even having any participation. She gave the excuse to her pals that was volunteering to help scientists under their creations of new performance-improving projects. But in reality, she was only helping Sheridan with his self-lifesaving project, with no knowledge of the true reason behind it.