Chapter 5 - Aimbot.

Previously...

-

Tari has been captured, and forced to be brought back to TAS Corp inside a van, with Belle talking to her. The redhead has given her a bit of her backstory, in the meanwhile, when trying to convince her nothing they are doing were a bad thing. However, she's only mentioned Tari in this convince trial, because Fontiere has no idea of Lucks has planned for Theo.

The chat was soon interrupted by a new face, named Lamar, crashing into the TAS Corp. van, and rescuing Tari. Belle tried to chase them on Derek's vehicle, the blond not willing to let the blue-headed get away. The attempts were nearly failed, forcing the businessman to use a road block to halt them.

When noticed, Lamar felt like he failed them, until Tari has found the solution by snatching his joystick, taking a trash can lid, and making Theo throw at a billboard, making it fall, and use as a ramp, for them to outjump the barrier. This turned into a success, followed by an awesome wall-drifting feat of hers.

Lucks has changed plans with that, though. He does want Tari's skills no longer. He wants HER. Belle's got scared of this new plan.

Arriving at a ramen restaurant, it turned out to be a safe zone for Tari and Theo to spend time away from TAS Corp.'s vigilance range. There? The blue-green duo met two new people, a blond girl, and a shaggy-haired Meta Runner.

-

Currently...

-

After meeting the blond girl, and the other Meta Runner, besides Lamar, Tari has caught up with a question on her mind, that just recently arrived as a thought, after all the danger, and panic, has ceased for the moment. Looking at the goatee-bearded guy, she's asked him: - Hey, uh... there's, something that does not make sense here. How did you know what happened to me, and Theo, back in TAS Corp...?

Having been questioned that, Lamar, with no hesitation, responded the blue-headed the way she wanted to hear, and everything she needed to know about their acknowledgement of their last event. - We have a little camera bot. We controlled it there. We hid the bot in the drink area of the arena. Another guy was there too, but hopefully, he haven't seen the robot. Then we saw everything that happened and, now we're here.

Right... I see. - Said Tari, now understanding everything, and having her question answered has made her feel relieved about this out of the blue knowledge of Lamar, the other Meta Runner he named Masa, and the blondie woman. But, now, she's wondered who he meant with "another guy", having memory of only one person that was also there, and witnessed.

Oh, my goodness! - Said the other girl, excitingly patting Theo's green hair, poking the coconut tree bun on top of his head, and lastly, poking his stomach, in a positive disbelief that the kid was real, but also, happy to see him as a real thing. Both of them giggled, and the blondie finished her enthusiatic talk with: - This is so cool!

Haha, that tickles! - Told the boy, smiling because of that curious/joyful interaction of the other girl towards him.

Wait... Why were you guys spying on me? - Asked the blue-headed, now wondering why they were looking for her.