WITHOUT FAIL

The chilling hotel sink water ran through Paulina's fingers. It relieved the warmth of the sticky blood on her hands, erased the ungodly crime that had been committed. She looked up at the mirror, crimson liquid blended in with her hair, which indicated that it should be washed up as well. Paulina cupped her hand, it caught the water, and proceeded to lift it to her face.

Alejandra fished through the duffel bag to change out her gloves, a new fresh pair graced her hands as the slick rubber wrapped around her fingers gently.  She grabbed the wedding invitation, blue rose, and fake documents out of the bag soon after. Alejandra set them gingerly in the hand of the investigator's corpse. She couldn't take a look at the face of the deceased man, afraid she would've thrown up at the sight. "You seriously couldn't have picked a more disgusting approach..." She shivered, then walked over to the nightstand to set the documents on.

"Sorry, I just really wanted to try it out." Paulina splashed more water onto her face. "A bit messy though."

"You think?" Alejandra rolled her eyes. "I can't believe you were grossed out by me snapping a guy's neck over bashing another guy's head inwards."

"Whatever, it's not like we're cleaning up the scene anyway. The brutality will just make Vito more likely to get a longer sentence." Paulina flicked the water on her fingertips into the sink.

"Or you." Alejandra grumbled. She stood back up and joined Paulina by the sink, then cupped the water that ran from the sink in her hands. "Do you know how risky this is?"

"I'm fully aware, Ale." She splashed more water onto her face, the water got stained red as it ran back down into the sink. Paulina looked back up into the mirror, catching her sister's eyes. "But we're doing fine, aren't we?" Her heart skipped a beat, the anxiety finally hitting her of all that could go wrong.

"I don't know." Alejandra brought more water to her face. "It all feels unnecessary."

Paulina rolled her eyes at Alejandra's remark as she pushed down the anxiety that loomed over her soul, "Oh come on, you heard me when I broke the news. The only way to get Dany out of his trap of greed is through jail time. Otherwise, we'd lose all our money because he didn't sign that damn prenup." Paulina splashed her face again, washing that apprehension away. This is necessary. Paulina has known for years what Vito truly deserved, and this was it. This wasn't only about revenge, but safety too. Paulina was not going to sit back and allow Vito to hurt her family.

Alejandra sighed in defeat, backing away from the sink and exiting the bathroom. Paulina followed. "Whatever, I can't think of any other option anyway." Once Alejandra reached the duffle bag, she took out a rope. "You ready?" Alejandra opened the balcony door.

Paulina took the bag, then followed her sister out to the balcony, "No, I'm terrified."

Yet fear was nothing compared to the love they shared for each other and their oldest sister. Murder is nothing compared to the list of things they would do for one another, the list of things they have done for each other

"That makes two of us." Alejandra sighed, watching her sister step out to the balcony, preparing their grand escape, they were fully aware all too well that this would not be the last time they would make choices like this.