Chapter 18 - Caught

When Draco and I setup into the common room there is no one around except for Daphne who is stood by the fireplace.

"Sky where have you been?"
"Daphne what are you doing up? I thought you went to bed."
"I thought you followed me up."
"Sorry."
"I'll ask again where have you been?"
"I was meeting Draco."

Draco stands there not saying a word watching us talk, it's a little eerie.

"You idiots realise you're in the same house, you don't have to sneak out to meet up."
"It's was Draco's idea ask him."
"Draco?" Daphne turns to question him, I smile knowing I've let him take the heat.
"It's a secret, you're not sky I can't tell you."
"Sky?" She turns back to me.
"Sorry Daph, it's Draco's secret, I'll make it up to you by telling you one of mine."
"Really? You trust me enough?"
"You're the only one that thought to look for me."
"Do I get to know?" Draco turns to me.
"Nope," I smile at him, "you head to bed we have girl talk."
"Don't tell me what to do."
"You're going to do it anyway though aren't you?"
"Yep, night ladies."
"Draco before you go," Daphne stops him.
"What?"
"Us three we're friends, but I think it's best of the others don't know."
"Why, I'm not embarrassed."
"Sky's a pariah, if you want the others to trust you make them think that you hate Sky."
"And Sky's okay with this?"
"It was her idea," Daphne tells him.
"You two know I'm still here right?"

They both roll their eyes and Draco heads to bed but not before we say night to him.

"Okay Sky tell me your big juicy secret."
"It's not particularly either but it's my only one, I'm trying to find my mum."
"Your mum? What do you mean, isn't she at home with your dad?"
"Nope. I have no clue who she is, not even my last name is a clue."
"You don't know who your mum is?"
"No it's always just been me and my dad, until I started Hogwarts i didn't even know my real last name was Lupin-Black."
"That's awesome."
"Awesome how?"
"It can be are first task newly established besties."
"Never did I expect this to excite you, I wasn't trying to convince you to either."
"I know but I want to, this is exactly what we need."
"What do you mean?"
"I can prove my loyalty to you by helping you figure out who your mum is in secret, and if anyone else finds out you don't know who your mum is then you know I betrayed you."
"Okay, where do we start?"
"I don't know, I'll let you know when I figure it out."

Daphne and I chat on the sofas for a short before heading to bed realising we need some sleep before classes.

"Oh Daph, wait a second before we go in."
"Sure what's up?"
"I'm not going to tell my other friends we're friends."
"Are you embarrassed?"
"Not at all but what you said to Draco made me think. You're being my double agent which means you'll have to insult me quite a bit, if my friends know you don't mean it they won't react and it will look suspicious, my friends can be defensive especially Ginny, she'd go to war for anyone nice to her."
"I get it, but please don't let them go to war against me."
"Daph don't worry I won't let owt bad happen, whether it's inside or outside our house."

Daphne gives me a hug to say thank you and we both head to bed.