13. ShowStar

The day of the concert had finally shown itself. The other three members were getting their equipment prepared for the show, with the sun beaming down and alighting each step of the process. Averine was handling the decorative parts of the stage and constantly flickering the lights on and off in different colors and strengths. She was also in charge of the special effects, which she may have forgotten to practice with. Even if the offer from Haven was last minute, she was still able to get a noticeable amount of progress.

It took a few hours, but the equipment was finally set up and prepared for use. All it needed was a few switches to be flipped, which wouldn't be until after sundown. Her plan was slowly inching towards its hour of action, and Averine was pacing around her room for the day. Every thought seemed to have it's own weight, making her head feel overloaded.

Her plan had several holes in it, and most of these holes didn't have a resolution. How could she get through the door? What if the security catches her? Mirano was her way in, what if he doesn't show up? What if what's behind that door is secured for a reason? The longer she thought about the plan, the more she realized that she didn't really think about it. She was so concerned about going in head first on an instinct that she didn't use her senses. . . .

A sudden knock at her door broke the silence of her thinking, making her jump slightly in surprise. She inched towards the handle and gave it a turn, being met with a flowerly gothic attire. Haven gave Averine a small wave that was accompanied by a smile, which made Averines head pause for a few seconds. This woman was. . . definitely taller now. . . mostly because of the shoes. Just taller. . . nothing else.

˗ˋˏ°• Hey Averine! I just wanted to come and make sure you were doin' okay, I know how nerve wracking something like this could be, especially on your first go. •°ˎˊ˗

Averine continued to eyeball Havens attire, attempting to find the proper words to address it with. Her gaze was darting up and down from Havens face down to their shoes. Each part of the outfit stood out yet clicked simultaneously into each other, especially against the darker skin tone. It made a faint blush spread across Averines face, but she cleared her throat and glanced up at Haven a second later.

❝ I appreciate you checking on me, but I'm doing just fine! ❞ Averine tapped her fingers against the doorknob as she responded, and slowly turned her glance away. ❝ I've just got to let it come and go, you know?  ❞

Haven tilted their head as she watched Averine turn away, wearing a face of obvious confusion. A small chuckle escaped their lips, and she returned her glance downward to Averine.

˗ˋˏ°• I suppose so, although just passing it off usually doesn't do much. I usually practice up to the last minute to keep myself steady, but today's an exception since you're here; if you've got a minute to chat that is. •°ˎˊ˗

Averines eyes creeped back towards Haven, with the tapping becoming slightly faster. She slowly scooted back from the door, pulling it open as she did.

❝ Yea, of course. . . I don't have to change for another hour or two. ❞

Haven scooted into the room with a smile on their face, slowly taking a seat in a nearby chair. Averine was going to sit with them, but was compelled to instead start to get her clothes out.

˗ˋˏ°• Sooo. . . I've been meaning to ask. . . how exactly does your stardust. . . function? Usually creation abilities are tied to making a specific type of. . . whatever it is that person makes. If I remember correctly, you said yours isn't limited?•°ˎˊ˗

Averine perked up in surprise at such a more or less uncommon question. Most people don't really bother with trying to understand it, so she never really thought about an easy way to explain it. The sudden interest was unexpected, yet welcome.