1. Snowfall

An icy wind blew across the field, and Averine stood in the middle of it. It was snowing, the single weather type she detested. Her eyes were half open, and she was staring up at the sky.
It was covered by frosted leaves and crippling branches, but had a clearing in between them. She seemed to be waiting on something...or someone maybe?

   Through the chilling winds, she held her hand out to create a veil of pink Mist. Through it came out a blade and a gun.

「 Oh my...and here I thought we could get to chat a little first. We've had such an...interesting story haven't we? 」

Averines glance became one of annoyance and frustration. Hearing her voice. . . . and annoyingly condescending tone.

❝ What do you want Marie?  ❞

「 You're such a rude little thing Ciro. Didn't my sister teach you any manners? 」

Averines face grew in annoyance upon hearing that name. It was a reminder of the past she left behind, one that Marie seemed to still reside in.

❝ You know that's not who I am anymore. ❞

Marie descended from the sky she seemed to stand on, now being on the same ground as her defiant blood.

「 Ah, that's right. It was...Averine wasn't it? I do still wonder how you came up with that. Those people you call friends certainly tool advantage of the blank slate you are. 」

As soon as her sentence finished, a loud bang was heard and a bullet flew towards Marie. Marie easily dodged it with a chuckle, carrying an unimpressed expression.

❝ We made an agreement. Cut the small talk and get to the point. ❞

A light sigh came from Marie, and she averted her gaze for a moment and turned it towards the rustling branches. It looked brighter then she remembered it to be. However, the scenery wasn't what she came here for.

「 Fine. Long story short, your family wants you back where you belong. You have something that we own, and I fully intend on bringing it back. Don't you want to make Dahlia smile again? It's been ages since she's been able to.  」

Averine turned from a glare to a glance, for a moment letting those words register in her head. Her grip on her weapons loosened for a moment, before fighting in that same second.

❝ I'm not going back into that void. You don't know how much it hurts, nor could you imagine. ❞

「 ...You were always so stupidly arrogant. Defying those that did nothing but let you prosper so you can do what instead? Play hero for a bunch of worthless nobodies? 」

Marie reached behind her back, and a black chain wrapped around her arm. Her expression remained the same as an icy glare met Averine.

「 We're bringing back what's ours. We've let this pathetic charade go on long enough. 」

Averine rose her blade in a defensive stance, locking her eyes onto Marie. This was something she was expecting to happen for months. . . no matter how much she regretted why.

❝ You'll have to take me dead. ❞

    「  So be it. 」

Averines stubbornness towards her was always something she couldn't stand. It happened back then the same way it's happening now; Inconsiderate of anyoned thoughts or words besides Dahlia. . . she was the definition of Mother's little boy.

Marie threw her arm out with the chain following her direction, with a faint yellow spark beginning to run around it. Averine swiftly evaded it and lunged over, throwing her leg directly into Marie's chest. With a strained grunt, she grabbed Averines leg and threw her away with a single hand. Marie threw out the chain to follow Averine with the other, and it swiftly wrapped around her leg.