Choices.

(Holy Void! 198 reads! Thanks so so much everyone!
It really has been the highlights of my week to update this story and the lovely comments I get in response!
Shoutouts to FishbeeBoop , goda_cheese and Master-225 ! You three really have been great!
Now to continue our story..)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
[In the Watcher headquarters]

While Phoebee and Page stood wondering what Xian was planning, and contemplating the mystery of the sculk catalysts, a very worried Flora ran in holding two small boxes.
The left box was white and had a sculky bow, the other was purple with a leaf bow.
They each shone with an iridescent light .
"Page!" Flora exclaimed.
"The author wants you to make a choice.
But the result may kill someone important to us.
She wants you to pick a box, each box has a person that goes with it."
She continued.
"Can't Page choose no box?" Phoebee inquired.
"It is an option" Flora nodded "But the author said that choosing no box could actually potentially be worse."
Flora said as she held out the boxes.
"Page, it's your choice."

(Art by yours truly!)

Page looked nervous, after all, she might cause the death of someone important.
After a long silence Page spoke up again.
"I choose... I'll choose the white box." She announced.
Flora pulled the ribbon of the sculk bow and a voice, ethereal and echoing called out.
"Page, you have chosen the white box.
Be prepared to yield the consequences that come with it."
Then the boxes disappeared and a rune shone.
The authors rune.
"Oh dear." Flora said.
"I hope you didn't kill Grian."
Phoebee rolled her eyes at Floras comment "there's a chance she didn't kill anyone."
"This is the author we're talking about. You both know that chance is very low." Flora said.
"Hey Flora, can I ask you something? It's about pranks and catalysts." Phoebee said
"Go ahead."

(I used a website for this)~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~<O>~•~•~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~<O>~•~•~

Pearl felt lighter and faster, like a great weight had been lifted from her shoulders.
The burden of the mask was gone.
The obsidian dagger was too, but it was worth it.
The moment of pure and utter peace was broken by a soft beep from her communicator.