8. Oliver Reincarnated

Chapter 8: Oliver Reincarnated

Bella found herself, once again, not joining the rest of the students in the great hall for dinner

Bella found herself, once again, not joining the rest of the students in the great hall for dinner. Grace and she had filled their plates with food and slipped out of the dining hall unnoticed to go to Hagrid's.

"What do you mean you're not sure what the essay is on?" asked Grace as they walked down the dimly lit corridor.

"Well..." Bella thought, "I know it's about a war. Honestly, a history of magic essay is the last thing on my mind right now."

"Are essays ever on your mind?" Grace chuckled, making Bella whack her arm.

The two of them came to a halt at the doors leading outside, a few Ravenclaws and Ginny slipped inside drenched with rain.

"Hiya Bella." Ginny smiled; her boyfriend Michael was holding her hand. "It's pouring out there, just so you know."

"Brilliant." Said Bella, waving goodbye to Ginny as she was pulled away by the Ravenclaws.

"Well." Said Grace, "We're going to get so soaked."

Grace and Bella smirked at one another then laughed.

"Alright, c'mon!" Bella said, pushing the door open and running out into the stormy night.

The two of them had shoved all their belongings under their robes, holding their dinner plates under them as well. Bella squealed as Grace stomped in a puddle, sending it in her direction.

After a long, wet, run down the earthy pathway to Hagrid's cabin, they finally made it. Bella could see a small glow through the stained glass, pleased to know that her fire was still alive.

Rain dribbled down roughly off the roof, Bella quickly swung the door open letting Grace inside before shutting it.

"Phew." Grace let out a breath of relief as they entered the warm cabin, though she looked slightly repulsed at the interior.

Bella put her plate and backpack down, which were both decently dry. She then removed her not so dry robes, tossing them on Hagrid's large coat rack.

As Grace settled into a seat, Bella stepped intently toward the fireplace.

"Bella," said Grace, "don't you think you should lock this place up?"

Bella snatched a glove ten times too big for her hand off the floor, folding it to unhook the cauldron and place it on the table. "I don't have keys."

"Well, you should get some..." Said Grace, unloading her schoolwork.

"Yeah." Bella muttered, not even paying attention to the brunette now that she was lifting the egg out of the cauldron.

Bella examined the egg, then put it back into the cauldron and over the fire. The friends then let themselves be pulled into the loads of homework they had been assigned, talking, and eating as they did so.