6. A Weaponized Frying Pan

Chapter 6: A Weaponized Frying Pan

Bella was separated from Harry and Ginny in the chaos that erupted in Hogsmeade Station

Bella was separated from Harry and Ginny in the chaos that erupted in Hogsmeade Station. Ron and Hermione were supervising (a new duty they had as prefects). She clutched onto her dragon egg's crate like her life depended on it, searching the area for Hagrid. Usually, she would hear his familiar calls, 'First years this way!' but, to Bella's dismay, it wasn't his voice she heard shouting.

"First years, over here!" A woman's voice said, Bella swiveled around to see Professor Grubbily Plank holding a yellow lantern that was much smaller than Hagrid's.

"What..." She whispered to herself, on tenterhooks as she awaited the giant man's appearance.

Bella knew after a nine-hour train ride she needed to get her dragon egg to a fire, and quickly. She thought that upon her arrival Hagrid would be there to help tend to the egg, but he was nowhere to be found. Bella frustratedly started toward the carriages, James meowing at the disarray.

Bella let out a breath of relief as she saw Harry waiting for a carriage, clutching onto Hedwig while Pigwidgeon, Ron's owl, was on the ground beside him. He was standing beside Ginny gesturing to something with bewilderment.

Harry turned to look at Bella as she appeared beside him "Bella, do you see-"

"Where's Hagrid?" Bella cut him off, furrowing her brows anxiously.

"I was wondering the same thing," said Harry. "What's wrong?"

"The egg, I've got to get to his cabin."

Harry placed a comforting hand on her upper back. "It's okay, you go to Hagrid's." He slid his hand side to side slowly. "I'll bring you a plate afterward with my invisibility cloak."

"Yeah, maybe we can get the things pulling the carriages to stop on the way." Ginny said sarcastically.

Harry furrowed his brows, "I'm not-" His voice lowered, "Never mind."

"Things pulling the carriages?" Bella tilted her head, seeing nothing in front of her but a black carriage.

"You're not going mad." Luna said. Bella hadn't noticed her arrival. "You're just as sane as I am. I can see them too."

"Oh brilliant, you're perfectly sane, Harry James." Bella grinned, climbing into the carriage.

Harry shoved her with Pigwidgeon's cage as she sat down.

To Bella's surprise, Luna got the invisible things pulling the carriage to stop on the way up to the castle. Thankfully, Luna didn't question why.

"Tell Hermione and Ron where I've gone please!" she said, climbing out of the musty interior.

"Alright, be careful, B." Harry said as she shut the door.

Bella watched the carriage continue on its way; she had always thought they were just enchanted to move forward. Bella turned, venturing further into the cool night. The sounds of the carriage's wheels turning grew more distant as she made her way to Hagrid's.