|[^] Maybe He Could Finally Accept Me [^]|

"Rooooddgggeeerrr.. Hurry uuppp!" Toodles whined from outside the room.
"Be patient, Toodles. I'm almost finished." Rodger replied, continuing to scan the shelves full of research capsules. Rodger had went through and labeled each and every one of them based on who's they were. Rodger traced his finger over the letters as he read them to himself. Teagan.. Vee.. Pebble.. Boxten.. Ah, there it is.

Rodger stopped and grabbed a research capsule labeled with Goob's name.
There was just enough ichor inside to make this work.

Rodger stepped out of the room, carrying the capsule. He walked across the hall and followed the impatient Toodles into another room. Inside the room was a large machine, slightly bigger than the regular ichor-powered ones you'd find deep underneath Gardenview. Toodles jumped up onto a bench and sat down beside Poppy, meanwhile on the other side of the room, Scraps paced around in circles worriedly.

Rodger walked up to the machine and slide the capsule into an empty slot. There were multiple other filled slots lining the space around the other, filled with research of Goob. The other three in the room eagerly watched as Rodger flicked a lever on the machine, causing it to start running and making loud noises. Toodles covered her ears and whined. The machine began filling up with ichor for what seemed like eons before the machine finally stopped.

Its loud noises were ceased and a small red light above it blinked green.
The ichor began draining, showing the silhouette of a toon inside. Scraps's eyes lit up as the toon came into better view, walking up to the glass and staring up at them. As the machine finally finished draining all the ichor, minus the ichor stains covering half the toon's body, Rodger opened the door and caught the toon as he stumbled out.

Goob fell backwards, sitting down on he ground and opening his foggy eyes. He weakly put an ichor-covered hand to his head, mumbling "..Wha... What happened?.."

"BROTHER!!" Scraps burst out, running over and hugging her brother tightly. Goob instinctively hugged her back, still disoriented. Rodger, Toodles, and Poppy watched their reunion, all feeling happy to have Goob back again.

The revival machine, one of the reasons Rodger spent his time running around and collecting research capsules.
It was quite a useful machine, one of the very few things that the toon handlers made that was actually useful. Before everything shut down, the staff couldn't afford to let any stars of the show die, so they built a machine and used the DNA from research capsules to revive any toons if there was any inconvenience...

Goob's expression was turning from confused to traumatized as if he was slowly starting to remember what had happened. "Cmon, I'll help you get cleaned up." Scraps said to her ichor-soaked brother, helping him up. They both left the room and headed elsewhere, leaving the other three toons in silence. "Sooo, I heard Teagan was hosting another tea party soon! Wanna join us, Rodger?" Poppy asked, breaking the silence. Rodger shook his head "No thanks, I'm busy."
"You always say that.." Toodles mumbled.
"The next one. I promise." Rodger said, kneeling beside her and patting her on the head.

Rodger turned towards the door and left.
He walked down the hallway, passing by Dandy's store. He eyed the cheerful flower, feeling discomforted from his presence. Dandy stared at him, refusing to break eye contact. Just as Rodger was fed up with the unnerving eye contact and about to quickly walk away, Dandy called out to him "Heeeyyyaa Rodger!" Rodger turned back to look at him and see what he had to say. "Yes, Dandy?" Rodger asked. "I have just one small favor to ask of you.." He began, causing Rodger to grow a little worried "..Think you could grab me some more tapes when you next go down there? I really do need some."

"Don't you have enough already?.."
"You can never have enough." Dandy said, very clearly and scarily.
Rodger just quickly nodded and left, hearing Dandy yell from down the hallway
"Bye Rodger!"

...

Goob lied on his back, staring up at the blue sky from the garden.
The horrid image of twisted Dandy before he was very brutally mauled to death still stuck clear in his head. He wished his sister was here, or anyone else for that matter. Scraps went on another expedition with half the other toons, and everyone was busy doing something. It was very quiet to his disliking, Goob loved it when the lobby was bustling with life and energy, but right now all he had was the blue sky and the serenity of the garden.

He quickly sat up as he heard the sound of heavy, angry footsteps storming through the lobby.
Goob turned his head to see Shrimpo coming down the hallway, clearly throwing a fit about something. Something about seeing him switched around Goob's entire mind, forgetting all the bad stuff. Shrimpo stopped in front of a low-hanging bell and kicked it hard, then grabbing his foot in pain. "AGGHHHH, I HATE BELLS!" He shouted. Suddenly a pair of claws reached over and wrapped around him, pulling him over to Goob as he shouted panickedly.

"AHH- Oh.. It's YOU." Shrimpo said harshly, turning and facing the craft as Goob let him go.
"You look upset." Goob said, despite knowing he always is "I thought you could use some company!"
"NO! I HATE COMPANY!"
"Or maybe you just haven't given it a try?"
Shrimpo was quiet for a second before going back to shouting at him "NO! I DONT WANT TO."
Goob frowned as he already began storming off again "Not even a hug goodbye?"
"WHAT?! NO! I HATE HUGS!" Shrimpo yelled, earning a sigh of disappointment from Goob.

Goob sat against the tree, watching the angry shrimp run off down the hallway.
So angry and so spiteful... Goob wished he could just understand him better.

Maybe with enough time,
Shrimpo could finally accept him.

(1009 words!)