Chapter 26

Third Person's POV

“Ahhh!”

Screams of pain was heard throughout the dark forest as heavy raindrops pour harshly down the slimy ground. Fleak footsteps were stomping on the ground as they moved towards their prey. Canines were displayed, eager to taste blood.

And from the distance ahead from them, there was this one year old girl who was running along with her hand held tightly to his father. As anyone couldn't explain it, she was big for her age, running fastly as she fought back those tears of fear. Her father who was supporting her mother as she whimpered because of the unbearable pain as something inside of her tried to push the tillot to be set free.

“Shh, hold on, honey.” Said by the man as he soothed his mate. Both fear and hatred were evident in his eyes. Fear for his family, and hatred for those who tried to threaten their lives. How he wished he could do more, but the King made it impossible.

“I-I can't, i-it's coming,” rash breaths was coming out of her mouth. Pain was coursing throughout her body as tears streamed down her face.

The movements behind them draw closer as each steps they took slowed down. Heavy raindrops made contact with their skin, shading the tears of agony. It's clear to them they wouldn't make it. The future was unpredictable and if this is how it'll end, then so be it. But they wouldn't let those monsters touch their kids. All hell will break loose.

“Oh Goddesses, help us,” the man stopped running and just held his daughter and mate's body close to him as they knelt down on the ground, tired and exhausted.

No matter how far they run away from everything, it seemed like they couldn't escape from what was about to happen as fate had made its way.

“P-papa, I wanna go home,” the little girl uttered between her sobs. She was feeling cold from the raindrops pouring down their bodies, helpless and tired from the running. She felt her eye lids slowly closing until she fell into a deep slumber. 

Her father hugged them closer to him as he frowned and roamed his eyes in the dark, hearing footsteps draw near them. Soft whimpers leaving his mate's throat as she took deep breaths and pushed the little demon out of her.

Growls soon emerged, surrounding them in a snap. Figures were in the dark and their fangs were out in sight, hungrily looking at their target as they thought about the power they would gain from the royal blooded family.

“Pleasure to finally see you again, your highness.” One said as they bowed their head to the man who was once someone they looked up to, now kneeling on the dirty ground with the forbidden love he made.

The little girl's father growled lowly, burning eyes with his claws slowly growing, ready to quirt any time soon. He stood up on his feet and faced the enemies with a stoned face. "You sure you'd dare?" He asked in a low husky voice as his eyes turned to the purest red color anyone could ever see.

It made everyone who surrounded them backed away a bit, cautiously studying his every move, remembering his brutality when those eyes turned that way.

“Just come with us and we'll guarantee you that no one will get hurt,” one dared to spoke that rip a laugh from the man's throat, leaving them confused.

After awhile his laughter died down as his face turned cold, eyes roaming to the faces of everyone as they came in view. Rain still pouring harshly down their bodies but no one cared. "How dare you?" His tone strained with anger and darkness. No one dared to speak again, eyes on the ground as guilt creep inside of them.