Chapter 27

Samantha's POV

“Sam?” Upon hearing my name being called, I swiftly turned my head to my right, seeing Raquel, or Camilla rather as she preferred to be called, in my peripheral vision standing there with a smile of excitement. She was so gorgeous with her dark blue cocktail dress. Her hair was straitened out, loosely falling down her shoulders.

I smiled at her and hummed in response as I retore my gaze back outside the window, mesmerised by the big moon with half shaded in red.

I felt her presence beside me as we looked at the peaceful scene before our eyes. Crickets were busy making noises that added to the serenity of the ambience. A smile still displayed on my face as I felt at peace at this very moment. I would not get tired gazing at this view.

With the lof trees slowly swaying as the cold breeze passes by them. This is the kind of scene I wouldn't get tired watching all day long. I love how the moon and stars seeming like small bulbs seize the sky as it served as the radiance to the darkness of the night.

“Won't you mind having my presence? Or do you prefer to be with your thoughts alone?” She asked which I immediately replied to.

“No, I don't mind at all. I like having your presence.” My tone was soft as I remain my gaze glued outside the window, specifically to the moon.

“The moon, it is beautiful isn't it?”

“Indeed beautiful. I never seen this kind of its appearance before. Odd yet extraordinary.”

“Yes, it is quite... seldom.  And not just that. Every color it shown depends on what it implied.” She stated, adding to my confusion.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked curiously as I avert my gaze into her.

“Well, you will fully understand every bit of this world once you have studied its aspects. As a Luna, you'll be needing to study various books that has to do with us. Though it's just like what we usually study in school. There's still information that's been hidden, only royal families has access to it.” She explained which I nodded to. It seems like being a Luna isn't all about having the upper hand, but has weight of responsibilities in it as well.

“And about the moon. Just, don't wish for it to be... black.” She whispered the last word as if she was afraid even the thought of it.

“Why? What does it supposed to mean?” I asked. I felt my heart quickened its pace almost instantly as nervousness somewhat engulf my nerves. My hands became sweaty even with the cold atmosphere.

A strange knot growing in the pit of my stomach and the feeling was very unpleasant. I think my ears wouldn't like the answer its been dreading to hear.

“Death”

It seems like my soul left my body once I heard that specific word. My mind went to a dark place as images of awful scenarios came rushing in my mind. The thought was very worrisome.

“Shit. I should have not probably said that. You look like you'll gonna pass out anytime soon.” She said as I felt her hands held me in place as I became somewhat dizzy.

“D-death?”

“Uhm, yeah but it's not like it occasionally happens.” She murmured with an awkward smile, almost like a grimace.

“It's fine, I needed to know that anyways. It just gives me the shivers.” I forced out.

“Uh, so half of the moon was shaded in red and the other is shaded in white if you haven't noticed. It was the Goddess's doing. They're aware about the happenings here. Hence it was a message for everyone to know as well. A portent that the Eclipses Child had reunite.” She stated.