chapter 9

Evie had ended up joining the dojo a couple of days after the library insedent

Evie had ended up joining the dojo a couple of days after the library insedent. Renee, Miguel, and Evie had gotten a lot closer in the days they'd train together and while Renee and Miguel's friendship had only been getting stronger since they made plans to get up every morning and work out or run. She hated running. While the two did that Evie fastly caught up to the other two after having private trailing lessions with Johnny. Ren had trailed Miguel to do 50 push ups on his knuckles and was getting more and more every day. Johnny had also put the duo infront of a tennis ball shooter thing, that they had to block but instead of tennis balls he put baseballs. Giving all three of the kids bruises and Ren a black eye. The three kids would fight against each other and the one left out would fight Johnny, they'd take turns switching out who fought the older man. Sometimes Miguel, Renee, and Evie would practice outside of Renee and Miguel's aparments in the courtyard two would start out going aginest each other and whoever won that would take off the person sitting out. They would train against Johnny having to use teamwork to beat him. Johnny and Miguel were fighting Miguel had ended up sweeping the old mans leg and getting him on the ground. While Ren had called point Johnny realesed a ball and it hit Miguel's ear.

"Dad!" She yelped running to help her best friend.

"That wasn't fair." Miguel groaned.

"If you want a fair fight it's not gonna happen. What if that's your enemy's friend coming to attack from behind?" Johnny asked before looking at the boys bruising ear.

"Hello." A women said as a bunch of them walked in.

"Oh shit." Johnny groaned as Ren helped Miguel off the floor.

"It's 5:00. Twilight is upon us." The same women said.

"What's going on?" Miguel asked as they three teens made eye contact.

"Uh, I had to sublet the dojo for a few hours. Just till we get more students." One of the women glared at Ren and her black eyes, as it caught Ren's attention the blonde Lawrence girl stared back at the older women until she turned around.

"Did you see how she just looked at me?" Ren asked looking up at her friends. The women put a banner over the strike hard, strike first, no mercy paint on the wall and then started doing yoga.

"Yikes." Ren muttered walking off the mat with Evie and into the office, the other two following behind her.

><><><><

Miguel held up training pads for Ren to hit as Johnny held up ones for Evie to hit every so often they would all switch.

"What's the second rule of the way of the fist?" Johnny asked at random pointing to the wall.

"Strike hard." The three answered as Ren and Evie contiued to hit the training pads.

"That's right. There's only one reason to hit someone. To inflict pain. Striking hard is about giving your all.