Part 15

So I was thinking that there will be 26 parts in all, and if the story needs more fleshing out, then I will make a sequel for you pookies, okkk? Ilysm. Don't forget to comment and vote <3

   Bucky tied his hair back, frowning at Yelena, who raised her eyebrows at him. "Really, Bucky! It's alright! I don't need pizza right now. It's okay that we didn't go eat in the city."

   "No, it's not! You were excited for it, and I was too," Bucky said diappointedly. 

   "I'd be excited about eating anything, if I could eat it with you. You know that, right?"

   Bucky rolled his eyes, while blushing like a teenager. "Liar. Don't even try to sell that mushy crap. You were gonna tell me what your favorite flavour is,"

   "I can just tell you now, can't I?" 

   "It's not the same,"

   "I know, but this is better than the loud city streets, anyway. And gosh, you're stubborn."

   "Really?"

   "Yes, Bucky. I know you wanted to take me, but I think we'll both like a home cooked meal better, anyway. One that we make,"

   Bucky puffed air out of his nose like a buffalo in a really cute way, leaning back on the couch. Yelena smiled at him reassuringly. "A nice, quiet dinner is exactly what I need to calm down, too."

   Suddenly convinced, Bucky nodded, and Yelena grinned at the small victory. 

   "Yelena, did you... is that really true?"

   "Is what true?"

   "That we can't be together."

   "Oh, Bucky. I mean it... but it won't last forever, just until I'm ready for it, you know?"

   His face softened. "Yeah, I understand."

   "I know, you're the best at that, aren't you?"

   Bucky leaned closer. "I hope that wasn't sarcasm, Belova,"

   "I hope that wasn't flirting, Barnes,"

   "Who knows? Maybe it was,"

   He pressed a kiss on her nose, his lips soft on her skin. Yelena couldn't resist a smile, but she pulled back away from him. "Bucky. I..."

   "Hey," he told her, "I can make us dinner, and you can watch TV."

   "What? No! I wanna help with dinner!" she whined. 

   "Not happening," he muttered, getting up and walking into the kitchen. "And it's a surprise, too, so you aren't allowed over here."

   "What if I wanna shower?"

   "You already showered, but nice try."

   "Hmph... Bucky?" Yelena stretched herself out on the couch, feeling at home. Safe. Loved. Sheltered. Valued. 

   This was the oposite of the Red Room, and much better than that appartment in New York that she had spent her first few weeks out of the Red Room in. Bucky tried so hard to welcome her, even though if it was her owning the house, it would feel like an intrusion.

   "Yes?" 

   "The garden looks great. I think your mom would be proud of the mint plant, too."

   There wasn't a reply for a few seconds, and she wondered what he was thinking.